Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When some halfwit HS football coach says Nick Saban would (not could) run GE better than Jack Welch, I remember that I'm hearing this coming from some halfwit HS football coach.

And this, from his ....DAD!

"I think what Alabama likes is that he's a different bird," Coach Poggi said. "He's had a lot of success, but he has zero sense of entitlement. He expects nothing. He wants nothing except a chance to compete. They like his athleticism, his quickness, his ability to be disruptive and his ability to pass rush.

Last edited:
Denzel Ward ‏@DW75_

I am no longer a commit to the University of Michigan, I really appreciare the love from there but I just want to make the best decision.

Interesting....

Sam Webb ‏@SamWebb77

Ward is not a decommittment, #Michigan dropped him...

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH

I'll admit when I'm wrong, got some bad info from the recruit. Michigan dropped Ward last night.

Speed Kills ‏@mspeedkills

Michigan called Denzel Ward's bluff and dropped him. Rest is a kid trying to save face. Love the decision.

Last edited:
"Coach Hoke is a great coach, but a better man ...definitely a father figure ...and everytime I was up there, it felt like home." ~D. Green

Love it.

"Coach Hoke is a great coach, but a better man ...definitely a father figure ...and everytime I was up there, it felt like home." ~D. Green

Love it.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Elliot flipped to Missouri and then Meijer offerred Green and Green told him, "no thanks."

PLAY LIKE YOU HAD A FAKE GIRLFRIEND DIE TODAY!

OMFG... Only Vic would use that for his sig.
I think I just pee'd myself a little.

Any more '13 recruits or is this it for the class?

From everything I have read this is it. They would rather save the 1 spot left and use it next year then get a kid that may not be up to standards.

It may change if we lose someone to a flip but most of the class not already in school is solid.

From everything I have read this is it. They would rather save the 1 spot left and use it next year then get a kid that may not be up to standards.

It may change if we lose someone to a flip but most of the class not already in school is solid.

I'm good with that. Too bad they didn't get better WRs, but hopefully that will be a focus in 2014. Might be able to get a top 10 WR out of 2014 after the team wins the B1G in 2013, letting the top WRs know we are back to a pro offense and looking once again for the next Desmond Howard.

Of course that will probably require Shane to burn his redshirt and play during the season during cleanup time and show off his abilities, letting those WRs know they will get the ball.

I'm good with that. Too bad they didn't get better WRs, but hopefully that will be a focus in 2014. Might be able to get a top 10 WR out of 2014 after the team wins the B1G in 2013, letting the top WRs know we are back to a pro offense and looking once again for the next Desmond Howard.

Of course that will probably require Shane to burn his redshirt and play during the season during cleanup time and show off his abilities, letting those WRs know they will get the ball.

I find your lack of faith disturbing. This receiver class will shock everyone. Damario and csonte specifically.

This week Da'Mario was visited by Bama, Georgia, Florida State, UCLA, and Staee. UCLA, MSU, FSU and Georgia offered and supposedly if he'd have shown any kind of interest the others would have too. This may quell some of the negative thoughts on the WR recruiting by the staff.

Last edited:
I find your lack of faith disturbing. This receiver class will shock everyone. Damario and csonte specifically.

This week Da'Mario was visited by Bama, Georgia, Florida State, UCLA, and Staee. UCLA, MSU, FSU and Georgia offered and supposedly if he'd have shown any kind of interest the others would have too. This may quell some of the negative thoughts on the WR recruiting by the staff.

bah! they had a schollie open because they missed on some other recruits and decided to try to poach a Michigan recruit...could be nothing more, could be something. never know.

My apologies Lord Vader. ;)

Not saying they didn't get any WRs, just not sure they have that top level superstar who gets drafted in first round type of guy yet, but hopefully they will with the '14 class and following years as well. Maybe these guys will shock me, it will be a very pleasant surprise.

To zyxt's point, Coach Carr was quoted as saying something along the lines of "we recruit the best QB's so we can get the best WR's" in relation to the string of top Pro Style QBs from Grbac to Henne.

If you test sign to 54815 you can get instant signing day updates from U of M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back