Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing is clear Hoke and his staff have not neglected any portion of this team. The first year he was in desperate need of OL so that was a focus. Then we needed RB help. Next was outside skill position help on both sides. Now special teams. They have a plan to build for our long term success.

How is this kid ranked so high? He has a really average to poor fg%.

How is this kid ranked so high? He has a really average to poor fg%.

Apparently, people trust Chris Sailer's evaluation above anything else. And if the quote on MGoBlog is right, when Michigan asked him to kick from the 50, he hit 14 of 15.

Apparently, people trust Chris Sailer's evaluation above anything else. And if the quote on MGoBlog is right, when Michigan asked him to kick from the 50, he hit 14 of 15.

my bad. i should have quoted. i meant the andrew david kid who is supposedly the #6 kicker. i don't see how 13 of 24 kicking qualifies you as a highly rated kicker. It's not a bad percentage for high school, but it shouldn't have him ranked so high. I don't care how many he can hit in practice.

my bad. i should have quoted. i meant the andrew david kid who is supposedly the #6 kicker. i don't see how 13 of 24 kicking qualifies you as a highly rated kicker. It's not a bad percentage for high school, but it shouldn't have him ranked so high. I don't care how many he can hit in practice.

Think about the kids at small school being brought in on special teams. I bet a good amount of them were blocked or muffed

WR Artavis Scott to announce at The Opening, apparently down to Michigan and Clemson.

Jamarco Jones announcing today. Down to Michigan, MSU, and Ohio*.

Edit: Nevermind. He chose the dark side of the force.

Last edited:
Just landed WR Freddy Canteen and CB Brandon Moore, high school teammates as well.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/06/michigan_football_adds_4-star.html

The addition of Canteen gives Michigan even more size and range in its already massive 2014 receiving corps, as the 6-foot-3, 170-pound wideout selected the Wolverines over offers from UConn, Hawaii, Rutgers, Maryland, Temple and Tennessee.

He is the third wide receiver to pledge to the class -- joining four-star prospects Drake Harris (6-foot-4) and Maurice Ways (6-foot-3).

Brandon Watson, meanwhile, chose Michigan over Boston College, Maryland, UConn and Temple.

He is the second cornerback to pledge to Michigan in 2014 -- joining the No. 2-ranked prospect in the country, five-star recruit Jabrill Peppers.

This must mean Tay Scott is a Clemson lock now.

Last edited:
Presently, Michigan has 15 available scholarships for 2014. Meaning, at the moment, it can still add two more players to the class......

Malik McDowell and Parker Westphal I would assume

Last edited:
I havnt really heard of these 2 and there isnt even much on Youtube. Hoke clearly has an idea of what he wants at WR. They seem to all be the same size and speed

Sounds like we were taking 1 more WR and it was going to be Scott or Canteen. Whoever committed first. So Canteen jumped at the offer. Both Canteen and Watson were at the U of M camp and were very impressive. Both got their offers at the camp. Their stories remind me a bit of Stribling last year. No one had ever heard of the kid. He blew up at the U of M camp and left with a scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back