Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Jabrill Peppers on Twitter:

"Imma take a couple Officials after the season myself"

Let the meltdown begin.

Well, uhhhh ummmm we're Michigan fergodsakes.

I knew this would happen lol and now comes the fall.

This shit is so fucking annoying I can't take it!

https://twitter.com/JabrillPeppers

Alright more tweets he says he's still 100% committed to Michigan but the rumors about Hoke not being there next year he is keeping his options open.

Les is coming home! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I kid I kid but that's what he said fo real doe.

Yup, if Peppers leaves that basically means youll be getting your wish and Hoke will be gone.

I'm talking about Hoke's coaching ability if he can get his team up and not lose them.

Quote from Peppers: "I am still 100% committed to the University of Michigan and that is the place where I want to go to college. With the rumors about Coach Hoke possibly not being there I need to make sure that I have options and have seen other places in case the University of Michigan decides to go in a different direction. For the sake of my future I need to make sure I have other options. No need to look into it any further! Go Blue and beat TDS"

I hope he was at THE GAME today. So close, great game. Just a few good play(ers) away from a win. He could (and should) be one of the difference makers in our return to glory.

Looking at Michiga's weaknesses this year and today's game (OL and DL respectively) it's good to see that there seems to be help on the way. A young OL this year seems to have plenty of prospects to develop in the coming seasons. The DL that failed today failed with a guy who was moved from offense to defense a couple years back and a guy who was always undersized. Between Pipkins, Mone, Hurst and Ash next season, UM should have a healthy rotation of 300+ pound guys in the middle.

Looking at Michiga's weaknesses this year and today's game (OL and DL respectively) it's good to see that there seems to be help on the way. A young OL this year seems to have plenty of prospects to develop in the coming seasons. The DL that failed today failed with a guy who was moved from offense to defense a couple years back and a guy who was always undersized. Between Pipkins, Mone, Hurst and Ash next season, UM should have a healthy rotation of 300+ pound guys in the middle.

You missed the guy whos been really impressive in the second half of the year. Willie Henry. Ash will probably not be with the team either.

You're right. Henry did have his moments in November.

You see Ash going pro? I don't. And I don't see a guy transferring to sit out a year to come back and play 1.

You think he goes to an FCS school?

You're right. Henry did have his moments in November.

You see Ash going pro? I don't. And I don't see a guy transferring to sit out a year to come back and play 1.

You think he goes to an FCS school?

He's a redshirt junior who has had less than 15 snaps this year. Preety sure his 5th year wont be renewed. He's got his degree already so it's not really insulting.

When does that decision have to be made? Will they know enough about Pipkins' recovery timetable?

And how much of it depends on Hurst? If Ash isn't brought back, then the only returning DT from today's game is Willie Henry. Washington and Black are gone.

I wonder how much weight Poggi has put on; he came in around 260 and if he's going to be a DT and not a DE, he's going to need to add significant weight. Godin's about 280. He's going to need to add weight too to be a DT. With Wormley, Clark, Charlton, and Heitzman at DE, seems more opportunity for PT at the DT position.

Can Bryan Mone step in as a true freshman? Can Hurst get in the rotation next year? Lots of questions here.

He's a redshirt junior who has had less than 15 snaps this year. Preety sure his 5th year wont be renewed. He's got his degree already so it's not really insulting.

Unless he decides to stop playing, there is a 0.0000% chance that Hoke doesn't allow him to be back. 15 snaps or not, we need depth on both sides of the line. The last two years have told us that. Even if he's dead last on the depth chart, he'll be back.

Unless he decides to stop playing, there is a 0.0000% chance that Hoke doesn't allow him to be back. 15 snaps or not, we need depth on both sides of the line. The last two years have told us that. Even if he's dead last on the depth chart, he'll be back.

Look at the d line depth without him next year.

Nose
Pipkins
Willie
Hurst jr

3 tech
Willie
Wormley
Godin
Poggie

With the amount of spread teams they play and the potentially killer rotation at the 3 tech, pipkins and Willie will see 98% of the snaps at nose. No need to keep a 5th year senior who hasn't done squat when you can get Hurst a few snaps here and there and bank another scholarship on these small incoming classes.

Happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back