Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maize&blue21 said:
We could be getting a commit from Jake Butt today. Stay tuned.

Damn, Hoke knows what he wants and he goes after it. Is this really early for so many 4* players to sign?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":iljitb5w]We could be getting a commit from Jake Butt today. Stay tuned.

Damn, Hoke knows what he wants and he goes after it. Is this really early for so many 4* players to sign?[/quote:iljitb5w]They don't sign until National Signing day, but yeah this is really early for this many 4*s to commit. Both Jake Butt and Taco Charlton grew up OSU fans and Kyle Bosch is a Notre Dame legacy which speaks volumes about Hoke's recruiting ability.

After yesterday's commitmas Ethan Pocic is looking into speeding up his process, which means it could be very good news for us. Don't expect anything unless he visits again in the next few weekends.

I really think Hoke does an amazing job selling U of M as a school not just a program and he has already made the team into a family atmosphere where parents feel OK with him being a father type figure.

I think I posted this earlier but Michigan landing Bosch will help us with Henry Poggi tremendously.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Monster ":j9aruigf]

Damn, Hoke knows what he wants and he goes after it. Is this really early for so many 4* players to sign?
They don't sign until National Signing day, but yeah this is really early for this many 4*s to commit. Both Jake Butt and Taco Charlton grew up OSU fans and Kyle Bosch is a Notre Dame legacy which speaks volumes about Hoke's recruiting ability.[/quote:j9aruigf]

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Hoke because I think he's doing a phenomenal job recruiting but neither Butt nor Taco had Ohio offers and probably weren't going to get one. Ohio is full on DE which is where they projected both of those two to end up. From what I've read and observed, the only thing that is taking Butt so long to commit is that he is waiting for an offer from Ohio. Hopefully he came to his senses and realized that he already has the perfect offer right in front of him.

BB, heard anything about Munger getting an offer tomorrow?

He looks impressive in this

[flash=350,287:dtf5z0mj]http://www.youtube.com/v/BpPqDsuxz-c&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:dtf5z0mj]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

yeah, Butt is twitterizing a bit today and being re-twitterized by those following M recruiting...

hilarious Butt and Morris going back and forth and now Butt Tweets "text me" to Morris ....

smitdog67 said:
Maize&blue21 said:
They don't sign until National Signing day, but yeah this is really early for this many 4*s to commit. Both Jake Butt and Taco Charlton grew up OSU fans and Kyle Bosch is a Notre Dame legacy which speaks volumes about Hoke's recruiting ability.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Hoke because I think he's doing a phenomenal job recruiting but neither Butt nor Taco had Ohio offers and probably weren't going to get one. Ohio is full on DE which is where they projected both of those two to end up. From what I've read and observed, the only thing that is taking Butt so long to commit is that he is waiting for an offer from Ohio. Hopefully he came to his senses and realized that he already has the perfect offer right in front of him.
Taco is a hell of a prospect and truly you can't go by having an Ohio offer because they haven't even offered the #3 overall player in the nation, Laremy Tunsil. They also didn't offer Kyle Bosch who is one of the top players in the nation. Also Jake Butt should commit by 7pm tonight.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]BB, heard anything about Munger getting an offer tomorrow?

He looks impressive in this

[flash=350,287:ruxjfwi3]http://www.youtube.com/v/BpPqDsuxz-c&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:ruxjfwi3]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>
He might but I see him as a late in the process offer.

Maize&blue21 said:
smitdog67 said:
Taco is a hell of a prospect and truly you can't go by having an Ohio offer because they haven't even offered the #3 overall player in the nation, Laremy Tunsil. They also didn't offer Kyle Bosch who is one of the top players in the nation. Also Jake Butt should commit by 7pm tonight.

First, who cares who offered who? Second, Herb Enmeijer will just as likely offer only AFTER a kid verbals elsewhere, based on what he's said and M is cleaning up. It's not about who wants thes recruits .....it's about the recruits WANTING it and wanting it together. Holy Cow, Shane Morris is doing a great job.

I think we get a "Perfect 10" with Butt very soon.

TheVictors03 said:
Maize&blue21 said:

First, who cares who offered who? Second, Herb Enmeijer will just as likely offer only AFTER a kid verbals elsewhere, based on what he's said and M is cleaning up. It's not about who wants thes recruits .....it's about the recruits WANTING it and wanting it together. Holy Cow, Shane Morris is doing a great job.

Yeah plus Bosch and Dawson both had Bama offers.

Maize&blue21 said:
TheVictors03 said:

Yeah plus Bosch and Dawson both had Bama offers.

That and ....Herb runs the spread. For some reason both Ohio* fans and national fans think Meyer will be able to get every kid he wants, but not all kids want to play in the Tebow spread ....esp on the OL. Positions like TE and power backs might just be looking for an offense that suits them rather than a red jersey that the state's only BigTen team wears...

If we get LTT with the haul we already have there is no reason not to expect our OL to be absolutely menacing. Hoke said when he was hired our OL needed to be rebuilt and he did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back