Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched game w/o benefit of audio during happy hour at bar. Was with work folks because tomorrow is my birthday.

Shane seemed shaky
Poggi is solid
Treadwell appears primadonna'ish, IMO
OL prospects can't be evaluated in these showcase games
Tuley-Tillman is solid

Treadwell is a primadonna he loves all the attention. The kid plays up to a different fan base almost daily and his recruiting tours can be best described as a I am special and I love it when people suck up to me tour.

Kiffen is king of the douches. I spend a lot of time in SoCal and the local media makes fun of him ...SC Alumni in the media do.

Watching the Army all star game. I wonder if these kids even understand the numbers game on rosters. 3 of the RB's in the game are committed to Bama. They were just talking about Texas A&M and they have 3 of the WR''s in the game and have 10 kids in their class who have played WR. I know you can always change position but damn.

On a Michigan note Green has looked good and Dymonte also playing safety. He looks like he will be the physical hard hitter back there that we need and I know he is faster than Kovacs. Tgey talked about Green saying they believe he will end up at U of M. They even said he just looks and runs like a U of M Rb does because he is so strong and gets a lot of his yds after contact.

On a Michigan note Green has looked good and Dymonte also playing safety. He looks like he will be the physical hard hitter back there that we need and I know he is faster than Kovacs. Tgey talked about Green saying they believe he will end up at U of M. They even said he just looks and runs like a U of M Rb does because he is so strong and gets a lot of his yds after contact.

Lets hope they are right, I've missed that power running game

Agreed. The part of the game I did watch the announcers were talking very positively about M

The thing that bugs me is that everybody and I mean everybody was blowing Dawson when he decommitted from Michigan. They were saying how awesome he was and what a blow it was for UM to lose him. He recommits and its like his stock went down. IMHO, if he would have committed to Bama or Ohio or even USC, they would have given him a fifth star and said he was in the same league as Laremy Tunsil (sp?).

I will believe it when he puts on the M hat. I will say watching him today he reminds me style and build wise like Mike Hart.

uh.........size wise they are nothing alike...speed is way better for green...idk about all that..i loved hart..but he was nothing close to an athlete as this kid iss

I guess the rumble now is that he knows where he is going, and is just waiting a day or so to announce.

Random thought: Why is it, that when a white collegiate player is compared to a pro, he's always compared to another white pro?

example: "Man, that Drew Dileo has great hands, he reminds me of Bill Schroeder."

Yes, I know Wes Welker is a better comparison, I just wanted to give Schroeder some love.

Last edited:
You mean like Wally Szerbiak being the "next Dan Majerle" even though he played a completely different style of ball?

I was thinking this yesterday watching JJ Watt. I'm thinking, should I compare him to Mark Gastineau because he is white or Reggie White because he plays more like Reggie White.

Wow dude, chill the F out. This is not referring to race in any negative way whatsoever.

Besides, it was Wally himself who objected to the comparison to Majerle, saying he was more like Glen Rice. And a few weeks back on Dan Patrick's radio/tv show, they took a poll for the most cliche expressions used to describe white athletes: "Gym Rat," "Hustler," and so forth.

Relax, this isn't a racial issue.

Oh my god, that was such a funny episode. Words to describe white athletes: "Leader, intangibles, hard-worker."

They had an episode of The League that brings up this issue with all races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back