Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

So do you honestly believe his talent has vanished or the team around him fell apart? Literally.

Oh yeah..
20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I think he got into some bad habits and he can't get out of it..

Last edited:
Just got home from work.

My Thoughts:

Dislike the Ebron pick because Id rather of had a DE, or CB, or LB. But, the Lions seem content on drafting based on their board. It will help the offense, but I like Fauria... Maybe Pettigrew is traded? I wish. I had my doubts on Dennard and it looks like most teams did as well. Browns moving up to snag Gilbert stinks.

Idk, disappointed but I always am on draft day.

So do you honestly believe his talent has vanished or the team around him fell apart? Literally.

Oh yeah..
20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

My orginial point was he needs more talent around him than a lot of QBs. You just confirmed that.

I put him around the 15th best QB. Your argument is he is more around 13th best.

Tell you what you win. He is the 13th best. That must mean Superbowl bound.

Just got home from work.

My Thoughts:

Dislike the Ebron pick because Id rather of had a DE, or CB, or LB. But, the Lions seem content on drafting based on their board. It will help the offense, but I like Fauria... Maybe Pettigrew is traded? I wish. I had my doubts on Dennard and it looks like most teams did as well. Browns moving up to snag Gilbert stinks.

Idk, disappointed but I always am on draft day.

Last year wasn't so bad was it?

But last two have been average or below. No doubt hes was pretty good three years ago.

That year, burleson and young were really good, he had RB help, and his TE had a really good year.

This year, we have Tate who is better than burleson. We have a real pass catching TE and two reliable RBs. I'd say the offense looks better this year than then. Hope it helps stafford in addition to new coaches. We'll see. Still need more defense to even think of winning in playoffs

Sure hope they do well in rounds 2-4 again. I want to be wrong about Ebron but I just can't wrap my head around it.

Can anyone tell me where our ppg ranked last year. I think it was 15ish. If we were higher maybe we win a game or two more. Trying to drink the kool-aid here but it needs more sugar.

My orginial point was he needs more talent around him than a lot of QBs. You just confirmed that.

I put him around the 15th best QB. Your argument is he is more around 13th best.

Tell you what you win. He is the 13th best. That must mean Superbowl bound.

An injured CJ ( still better than most ), an injured and overworked Bush, a broken armed and elderly Burleson. That leaves.... Pettigrew, Durham, a dude with no knees and some wideouts nobody ever heard of. Oh and 3 first year starters on the oline. Yeah even Peyton would have tore it up with them. C'mon

That year, burleson and young were really good, he had RB help, and his TE had a really good year.

This year, we have Tate who is better than burleson. We have a real pass catching TE and two reliable RBs. I'd say the offense looks better this year than then. Hope it helps stafford in addition to new coaches. We'll see. Still need more defense to even think of winning in playoffs

Or getting in...don't think the Lions will be as lucky with North division injuries next season.

Don't know if it was already posted but the o coordinator had his as the #2 player on his board. New coordinator and gave Stafford one more big weapon.

I just can't help think about how Seattle won. I want their defense so bad..

Can anyone tell me where our ppg ranked last year. I think it was 15ish. If we were higher maybe we win a game or two more. Trying to drink the kool-aid here but it needs more sugar.

I would love some Kool-Aid but it seems like our defense has gotten worse since the end of the season and the offense got better. Yet we take steps to improve the offense. I don't get it.

An injured CJ ( still better than most ), an injured and overworked Bush, a broken armed and elderly Burleson. That leaves.... Pettigrew, Durham, a dude with no knees and some wideouts nobody ever heard of. Oh and 3 first year starters on the oline. Yeah even Peyton would have tore it up with them. C'mon

Are you seriously suggesting the online was a liability and negatively affected Stafford? It was the best online he had in his career

Starting to sound like LKP.

I have no doubt in my mind with Peyton here we would of made the playoffs.

Back