Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

So Stafford is irrelevant to winning? It all depends on what is around him?

Did you see how poor Tom Brady did at the start of last year without weapons.
And thats the Patriots we are talking about and Tom Brady. Winning is based on your team, not one player. But in general QBs do well with a better surrounding cast.

And thats the Patriots we are talking about and Tom Brady. Winning is based on your team, not one player. But in general QBs do well with a better surrounding cast.

Mind blowing, isn't it?

The guy that made it to the AFC title game with a worse roster than the lions?. Calvin Johnson, Reggie bush and Bell were far better than anything Brady had all year.

By strickly looking at that it might make sense. But watching games I saw him mess up and mess up big. Better guys don't help some of that..

I'll tell you a perfect scenario where Stafford made the throws to win a game......and a player F'ed it up.

Monday night. Ravens game. I was there.

CJ dropped......not one.....but two WIDE open balls. One was a definite TD......the other was a probably TD. One drop killed a drive and we had to punt. Another killed a drive and led to a FG.

Cost us 11 pts.

Stafford took a TON of heat for his performance that day. And he made some bad plays....especially late. But he led us on a game winning (it seemed) drive right before the 61 yard FG......and he made the plays to put the Lions in position to have that game sealed before it got to that point in the 4th Q that he needed to make BIG plays.

That was fucking Calvin Johnson. (Before anyone gets too stupid and suggests I'm saying we need an upgrade over CJ....just shut up right now...im not)

My point is better players leads to fewer.....maybe a LOT fewer.....chances to have to force a big play to win or tie a game.

Brady and NE started 4-0 and 7-2. Struggled or not he still gets it done.

That was my orginial point. Stafford needs weapons around him to be successful. Which is why I am ok with the pick. He is not an elite QB. He needs help to win. I think we can win with stafford but we need help.

The guy that made it to the AFC title game with a worse roster than the lions?. Calvin Johnson, Reggie bush and Bell were far better than anything Brady had all year.

You comparing Brady to Stafford? Or the Patriots organization to the Lions?

Nvm, I aint getting into this discussion. Reason why I stopped posting on this board.

Dude choked/chokes with great teams. Stafford "choked" with what?

Exactly.

People expect Stafford to make Kris Durham, Ogletree, Pettigrew and Ross legit targets.

Does ANYONE make that quarted any good? Im not sure.

How'd Matt Ryan do last year without Jones and White? They were 4-12

No secondary help in this draft..yeah.

Last edited:

So a two dimensional team that's only playmakers were injured had a shot. Damn.. We need a Tom Brady. Luckily they're easy to come by.

Also that was the only division that was worse than ours. Even with the injuries to the other teams in our division.

You know Romo might choke at times but as regular season goes he smokes Staff. Not even close.

That was my orginial point. Stafford needs weapons around him to be successful. Which is why I am ok with the pick. He is not an elite QB. He needs help to win. I think we can win with stafford but we need help.

Again.. How Much freaking help does he need :/

Back