Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

That was my orginial point. Stafford needs weapons around him to be successful. Which is why I am ok with the pick. He is not an elite QB. He needs help to win. I think we can win with stafford but we need help.

EVERY QB does.

What QB is great without help?

Tom Brady was throwing to a couple of undrafted free agents to start the year. If it takes awhile for a wr to learn in the nfl I wonder what it takes undrafted free agent wrs? Brady was getting the job done starting 4-0 with no weapons.

Tom Brady was throwing to a couple of undrafted free agents to start the year. If it takes awhile for a wr to learn in the nfl I wonder what it takes undrafted free agent wrs? Brady was getting the job done starting 4-0 with no weapons.

You got me.....

Tom Brady > Stafford. (SMH)

Who else?

tom brady was throwing to a couple of undrafted free agents to start the year. If it takes awhile for a wr to learn in the nfl i wonder what it takes undrafted free agent wrs? Brady was getting the job done starting 4-0 with no weapons.

it"s tom fucking brady

Hope the pick works out but I would have preferred a linemen or a defensive player...
Build a tough team.. Not a team filled with just weapons... The Lions have plenty of offensive weapons now to make the damn playoffs... Stafford better deliver...
Draft some damn defense...

Shit now we have the worst Qb in the division.

I would take Staff over either Cutler or Bridgewater.

Cutler isn't that impressive. It wasn't him leading the Bears to wins last season. It was McClown.

Bridgewater I like, but let's not forget some scouts thought he was a 4th round pick. The only reason Minny traded back up into the first to take him is that they get the 5th year option on a QB that won't start for them year one.

He's not a 1st round guy. He's probably a 2nd round guy. But if you have to give up a year to develop him behind Cassell, you want to be able to get that 5th year on the back end.

Cutler isn't that impressive. It wasn't him leading the Bears to wins last season. It was McClown.

Bridgewater I like, but let's not forget some scouts thought he was a 4th round pick. The only reason Minny traded back up into the first to take him is that they get the 5th year option on a QB that won't start for them year one.

He's not a 1st round guy. He's probably a 2nd round guy. But if you have to give up a year to develop him behind Cassell, you want to be able to get that 5th year on the back end.

I concur. Cutler isn't as great as the media makes him out to be. He's soft and prone to worse mistakes than Staff. We need either Slay to step up to cover Marshal or draft a bigger corner to handle him. He's the only one other than Forte that scares me. IMO we need to add a big versatile 5 tech like Tuitt to help our run D. It could be special.

I was half kidding, I think Stafford and Cutler are equal. I think Bridgewater was the best Qb in this draft but this draft didn't have any elite qbs.

agreed. Stafford is probably the #2 QB in the division

I will like the pick ONLY if the Lions have a top 3 offense next season. With all the effort they're putting in on offense, it better be fucking worth it. Anything less is a total failure.

ive been saying that about mayhew for years. Now that he picks a TE that doesn't even play TE you guys start to see it? lol. What fucking moron trades up twice for a RB in todays game??@@@!!!!????!!!! That's all you need to know about mayhew....ever. He has always coddled this offense and it never pays off cause his qb is average. Ebron wont make Stafford above average. Tate wont make Stafford above average. bush cj Pettigrew bell wont make Stafford above average. After today were not any better on offense as we were yesterday and our defense still sucks. That's due to our qb that cant go thru his progressions, fades off his back foot in the pocket instead of stepping up in the pocket and as soon as he feels any pressure he bitches out, gets happy feet and usually just ducks like a little puss.

Pretty much everyone would have been ok with picking Haha. GB got him at 24 or something....that's a good organization. Our defense blows and our top 3 additions this off season have all been on offense in tate ebron Pettigrew.....just plain dumb.

Stafford is 4 in the division behind Rodgers, cutler, Flynn....and should be 5 but mccown left. you are what your record is....Stafford blows and finished behind mccown and Flynn last year.

I'm off to bed, but before I go...

I want to say Jimmy Graham is not a tight end. I don't care what his player card says. I don't care what the Saints say.

The man lined up wide 67% of his snaps last season. He was a WR 2/3 of the season and a TE 1/3 of the season. He's a WR in my book. Percy Harvin may run the ball on occassion too, but he's not a RB.

The Lions were hunting for a WR this season. They wanted Watkins. They didn't get him. They did get their #2 WR.

Lombardi is going to use Ebron the same way he used Graham, and he said so tonight. He will do things Jimmy didn't do. He won't do some things Jimmy did. But Lombardi sees them as similar players.

Ebron will line up wide more often than he lines up inside. The Lions got their 6'4" 250lbs. WR.

If that pick had been Evans, people wouldn't be as upset. Ebron is better than Evans. Same height, more bulk, better route runner.

I see not a single reason to be upset with the pick.

I'm off to bed, but before I go...

I want to say Jimmy Graham is not a tight end. I don't care what his player card says. I don't care what the Saints say.

The man lined up wide 67% of his snaps last season. He was a WR 2/3 of the season and a TE 1/3 of the season. He's a WR in my book. Percy Harvin may run the ball on occassion too, but he's not a RB.

The Lions were hunting for a WR this season. They wanted Watkins. They didn't get him. They did get their #2 WR.

Lombardi is going to use Ebron the same way he used Graham, and he said so tonight. He will do things Jimmy didn't do. He won't do some things Jimmy did. But Lombardi sees them as similar players.

Ebron will line up wide more often than he lines up inside. The Lions got their 6'4" 250lbs. WR.

If that pick had been Evans, people wouldn't be as upset. Ebron is better than Evans. Same height, more bulk, better route runner.

I see not a single reason to be upset with the pick.

the only thing I disagree with is ...I would have been more upset with an Evans pick than the Ebron pick.

Crazy part is....I don't think mayhew is done addressing offensive weapons this draft. My boy DOnte Moncrief or a MArtavius Bryant are still in play in rd 3....id bet on it....mayhew is crazy lol.

Back