Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Who'd you want..

Not somebody who is a raw talent. Somebody who can actually contribute or step in if there's an injury. Maybe somebody who actually plays good talent in college. Princeton? Come on.

Since the senior bowl worked last year we picked nothing but senior bowl this year.

It does seem were picking a lot of developmental 3-4 talent. along with not picking up fairleys option it seems a move to the 3-4 hybrid scheme could happen very soon. These picks are all guys that can play both.....but don't really excel in either scheme lol.

Last edited:
welp..theres DTs available that played really well for SEC schools like Anthony Johnson or a guy like kelcey quarless from s Carolina.....we take a guy from Princeton.

Who's smarter than both of them combined and is much more athletic.

It does seem were picking a lot of developmental 3-4 talent. along with not picking up fairleys option it seems a move to the 3-4 hybrid scheme could happen very soon. These picks are all guys that can play both.

Yep a lot like him as a five tech de.

The way I look at it is Mayhew sucks at drafting so does it matter which school a late 5th comes from..it's the freakin' Lions.

Honestly, I have no idea what to think about this draft. After the second round it has been nothing but raw talents with future upside and backups that may never see the field (at least in year 1)

Mayock seems to like him and he looks really fast, but he said that Reid struggled with good competition at the senior bowl.

I don't mind the pick. At this point, a guy who can get off the ball..that's what late 5th are for.

Back