Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

and another thing....if youre moving to a 3-4 why aren't we shopping Suh? cause mayhew is an idiot...that's why.

What happens with Ansah if we fully switch to 3-4? I don't think we keep him if he doesn't fit.

I don't think we're going 3-4 or maybe Wisenhunt is here instead..hybrid maybe but not full time..

Am I seeing this right? Even after giving us a 7th round pick, Dallas still has 6 of them?

nice pick by HOU...theyre quietly having a nice draft

Rd 1 - #1(1) Jadeveon Clowney (DE) S Carolina ESPN Video
Rd 2 - #1(33) Xavier Su'a-Filo (OG) UCLA
Rd 3 - #1(65) C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE) Iowa
Rd 3 - #19(83) Louis Nix III (DT) Notre Dame
Rd 4 - #35(135) Tom Savage (QB) Pittsburgh
Rd 6 - #1(177) Jeoffrey Pagan (DE) Alabama

What happens with Ansah if we fully switch to 3-4? I don't think we keep him if he doesn't fit.

He has the athleticism to be an Aldon Smith edge rusher in a 3-4 eventhough he is 270 lbs. A lot of people saw him as that his draft year anyways. Van noy would play opposite him or even move inside depending on where they thought levy would fit.

He has the athleticism to be an Aldon Smith edge rusher in a 3-4 eventhough he is 270 lbs. A lot of people saw him as that his draft year anyways. Van noy would play opposite him or even move inside depending on where they thought levy would fit.

Now that you mention it..Ziggy outside opposite Levy. Move Noy inside with Tuttle or whatever the fk his name is.. Webster on the line, opposite Suh. We just need a big ass NT.

Last edited:
Ok hughes what are you looking for this round????

tight end....heres a list of Best avail:

Best Available Tight End
Marcel Jensen TE Fresno St
Colt Lyerla TE Oregon
A.C. Leonard TE Tenn St
Jake Murphy TE Utah
Trey Burton TE Florida
Reggie Jordan TE Mo Western
Jake Pedersen TE Wisconsin
Rob Blanchflower TE UMass
Xavier Grimble TE USC

Best Available Tight End
Colt Lyerla TE Oregon
A.C. Leonard TE Tenn St
Jake Murphy TE Utah
Trey Burton TE Florida
Xavier Grimble TE USC

Smart ass

Now that you mention it..Ziggy outside opposite Levy. Move Noy inside with Tuttle or whatever the fk his name is.. Webster on the line, opposite Suh. We just need a big ass NT.

Webser ideally would be on the outside. New Princeton guy would be a DE opposite SUh. Need a big fatty inside. Van Noy inside with Levy. Tulloch gone.

I'm calling we get another one of the four starters hughes is looking for and go Nate Freese to be our kicker.

Best Available Tight End
Colt Lyerla TE Oregon
A.C. Leonard TE Tenn St
Jake Murphy TE Utah
Trey Burton TE Florida
Xavier Grimble TE USC

We might need one more when we run our new 5 TE sets

Soooo Webster played ohio state and dominated them the entire game while playing for a MAC school?

I said when he had to go to Buffalo, as in when he was first recruited. It's not like the guy turned down OSU, LSU, and Alabama for Buffalo. He developed later on.

My point is people develop later than other and some even more so. To discredit this kid's athletic ability because of where he went to school is very short sighted.

Smart ass

lol....but we only have like 8 TEs on the roster?!

unless Antonio Richardson killed someone 2 days ago I don't see why you would pass up that value at OT.

Still some good safety depth on the board but mayhew doesn't seem to think that's an issue.

Brandon COleman and Marcus Roberson were projected rds 2-4 type guys at one point.

Back up qb options still avail in Connor Shaw, tajh Boyd or Garret Gilbert

lol....but we only have like 8 TEs on the roster?!

unless Antonio Richardson killed someone 2 days ago I don't see why you would pass up that value at OT.

Still some good safety depth on the board but mayhew doesn't seem to think that's an issue.

Brandon COleman and Marcus Roberson were projected rds 2-4 type guys at one point.

Back up qb options still avail in Connor Shaw, tajh Boyd or Garret Gilbert

Worth a shot to take Boyd. Coleman would give some decent depth also

Back