Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Father is a bishop and mother is a minister...take us to church Caraun!

Draft Analysis

Reid is an excellent value at this point in the draft. He's a disruptive three-technique who has the quick hands and feet to make an early impact rushing the passer. He can get engulfed in the run game, but he played with better pad level last year than he did in 2012 and he's capable of making plays in the backfield.

Defensive Tackle Specific Traits

Versus the Run 3 One gap defender that shows an adequate anchor. Played with much better pad level and leverage in 2013. Still will get engulfed by double teams at times Flashes above-average upper body power and heavy hands. Lack ideal length to keep blocker off of frame but he's quality hand fighter in a phone booth. Adequate eyes and instincts finding and reacting to the ball.

Pass Rush Skills 2 Possesses a lot of upside in this area. Above-average quickness and fires off the ball with good leverage. Displays a wide variety of pass rushing moves. Above-average explosiveness converting speed-to-power. Flashes as a counter puncher but still has room for development. Above-average closing burst.
Quickness (hands/feet) 2 Excellent first step and can win with initial quickness. Quick and heavy hands and improved his hand to hand combat as a senior. Adequate lateral agility and redirect ability. Above-average range.

Toughness/Motor 3 When fresh plays through the whistle and shows good in pursuit. Tough and not afraid to mix it up. Fights to keep pads square at the point of attack. Can show more of a nasty side. Overall endurance and motor is adequate but not elite.

But got better as the week went along..

we'll see. I see the obvious raw talent in him from the few clips they showed and what i'm reading, but I just don't think he contributes this year. At least take a DT that will do something for us.

Marcus Roberson and Brandon Coleman still intriguing guys on the board. Not sure wtf happened to Antonio Richardson for him to drop this far.

we'll see. I see the obvious raw talent in him from the few clips they showed and what i'm reading, but I just don't think he contributes this year. At least take a DT that will do something for us.

Who do we have behind Fairley and Suh, I forget. I think he gets some reps..and if we do run a hybrid ..

If you believe the talking heads, Dalton doesn't have much time to prove he can win playoff games. I think that'd be a mistake, but what do i know?

Okay. I think he's a solid QB though..

Last edited:
I guess. Fuck me, i'm turning into hughes. Bitching just to bitch.

its not just bitching just to bitch. Most of us went into this draft thinking we needed 4 starters like last year. We got about 1.5 for the upcoming year. A TE that might see like 60% of snaps and an olb...that's it. The rest is for the "future" but if mayhew has proven anything its that his "future" picks turn into guys that never see the field. Its painfully obvious that were moving to a 3-4....maybe not this year....but soon. Either that or mayhew doesn't know wtf hes doing. Both options are equally viable.

and another thing....if youre moving to a 3-4 why aren't we shopping Suh? cause mayhew is an idiot...that's why.

when cj has a bum knee for 3 games this year im sure we'll be stoked that fucking swanson is the center of the future!!!!!

Back