Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Iowa vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Seriously, if Hoke pulls a Dusty Baker and remains overly loyal to his assistant, he's got to go too.

Next week should be Al Borges' last as UM offensive coordinator. And if not, it should be Brady Hoke's last as UM Head Coach.

Eastern Michigan's coaching staff would do more with this UM team than Hoke & Co. have done.

That's a fact with Ron as Head Coach.

More wouldn't take much

Not ever impressed with Ron.

Having a guy screaming and yelling getting you fired up with a headset on over a guy clapping with arms crossed not wearing a headset with no motivation.

+3 in the turnover battle, a defensive touchdown,

and they lose.

Fuck Borges, and as long as he's still with UM, fuck Hoke.

123 yards....
Is a failure of coaching..
And a failure of Devin to get the ball out of his hand. And a failure of Funchess to catch it when Devin occasionally delivers it. And a failure of the right side of the line to make a fucking block all day. Stir it all up and you have a nice big bowl of shit. Week after week after week.

Urban Meyer's claim to fame, he's won every place he's been, he's won National Championships.

Brady Hoke? Well, he was a position coach here 15 years ago, he knows the words to our fight song, and he knows his way around Ann Arbor. You'll never win if instead of getting the best guy for the job you get the best guy for the snobbish, traditionalite, aristocratic boosters and old farts. Brady Hoke has proven he was the best choice to shut those guys up. He's yet to prove he's the guy to win a big game in Indianapolis, Pasadena, or in a NC game.

Well, you've mentioned Urban Meyer in comparison to Brady Hoke a couple of times over the course of recent games, and I respect your posts; you've stated that you played to a fairly high level and you've been a coach, and your analisys seems to corroborate that to me, inasmuchas what I know about the game...

That said...

Has Urban Meyer EVER been an option for Michigan?

Could he ever be?

My understanding is that Ohio State was and had always been his dream job...

Last edited:
Well, you've mentioned Urban Meyer in comparison to Brady Hoke a couple of times over the course of recent games, and I respect your posts; you've stated that you played to a fairly high level and you've been a coach, and your analisys seems to corroborate that to me, inasmuchas what I know about the game...

That said...

Has Urban Meyer EVER been an option for Michigan?

Could he ever be?

My understanding is that Ohio State was and had always been his dream job...

Well, he used to say that Michigan was his dream job. I believe he used to have a clause in one of his contracts that was for Michigan, Notre Dame, or Ohio State

The combination of Borges and Gardner is just plain abysmal to watch. The oline is an issue but they get no help from scheme. What happened to all the draws and screen we were running. Bring those back and help fight the pass rush.

Agree 1000%. Can't overcome the atrocious playcalling and the atrocious QB play. Can anyone explain how Devin ran all over ND, and now he can't outrun a DT? Has he lost three steps because of all the hits he's taken? Because he's Navarresque right now.

Back