Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official JWLCOSU Michigan Week Name Calling Thread

jwlcosu

You know, I'm a member of this board but I realize I'm in your zone, enemy territory so to speak, and so I tend to be pretty respectful. We all fall short of our own expectations from time to time but by and large, most would agree that I am respectful of Michigan football, tradition and my fellow board members. I try not to name call. I probably have on occasion but its rare. The reverse tends not to be true. With some exceptions, many of you appear to revel in name calling. Even some of you "Moderators" for crying out loud. How 'bout that! Why, I don't know, because it doesn't matter and has no impact. Nevertheless.

With the above in mind, The Official JWLCOSU Michigan Week Name Calling Thread is open for business. Let's get them organized in one place for all to see and have fun with! Go for it, boys and girls. Oh, and Go Bucks!

Last edited:
Who's going to be first? Any leaders out there? You guys are a bunch of leaders, right? Isn't that how the song goes?

would someone please moderate this garbage off the board, please?

QTH3F6ZR

That's more like it. For a little while I thought we were progressing.

Believe it or not, I've never tried deep fired turkey. I've got 3 small turkeys in my fridge defrosting and I'm planning on reading up on what I need to do over the next couple days. Obviously, safety is priority #1 and I will be very careful and do a dunking test run with water today to figure out the appropriate oil volume.

But any other tips anyone has that I might not uncover googling the subject would be welcome.

...we might be having a deep fry day with the rest of the oil a few days later. I'm thinking about filling up the jalapenos from the garden with cream cheese and wrapping them in bacon, so any other deep frying pointers or ideas would also be welcome.

Definitely, definitely do a test run with water in terms of Volume.

One year we did not. The bird caused the oil to bubble up and over the sides of the fryer and all over my buddy's concrete patio and pool area. He wound up using DAWN to finally remove some of the grease once it cooled.

Probably didn't help that there were about 10 of us, half-drunk, all trying to help.

That said, Deep fried Turkey is AWESOME!!!

....and get some shrimp to go with the jalapenos, cream cheese and bacon ... MMMMM

I'm preparing a brine-soaked Turkey this year. I've done it before with success.

I know I razzed you on some thread or other, but it was in response to you posting something snarky, then saying something along the lines of it being the week that it is, you had to bring your A smack game. It wasn't specifically that Verbiage, but it was along those line.

Red, with all your going out on the roof in the storm to try out some generator or something, or deep frying a turkey in your garage, I'm getting a little worried about you.

Last edited:
I know I razzed you on some thread or other, but it was in response to you posting something snarky, then saying something along the lines of it being the week that it is, you had to bring your A snack game. It wasn't specifically that Verbiage, but it was along those line.

Red, with all your going out on the roof in the storm to try out some generator or something, or deep frying a turkey in your garage, I'm getting a little worried about you.

I'll be doing this in a backyard, far from the house and downhill from it.

...besides. I'm already dead. I didn't survive the zombie race this weekend.

Last edited:
With some exceptions, many of you appear to revel in name calling. Even some of you "Moderators" for crying out loud.

Come to think of it, this is really pretty comical. Have you ever been on the political board? Have you read some of the things that some people-even moderators-routinely post about each other there?

Yet here you are, coming on this board and running smack this week, then whining and crying that somebody hurt your feelings?

Pretty hilarious; thanks for the laugh!

Come to think of it, this is really pretty comical. Have you ever been on the political board? Have you read some of the things that some people-even moderators-routinely post about each other there?

Yet here you are, coming on this board and running smack this week, then whining and crying that somebody hurt your feelings?

Pretty hilarious; thanks for the laugh!

Proper etiquette dictates that you extend the pinky finger of your mouse hand while posting to this board.

Who doesn't revel in name-calling?!

It's half the reason message boards exist ... idiot!

You know, I'm a member of this board but I realize I'm in your zone, enemy territory so to speak, and so I tend to be pretty respectful. We all fall short of our own expectations from time to time but by and large, most would agree that I am respectful of Michigan football, tradition and my fellow board members. I try not to name call. I probably have on occasion but its rare. The reverse tends not to be true. With some exceptions, many of you appear to revel in name calling. Even some of you "Moderators" for crying out loud. How 'bout that! Why, I don't know, because it doesn't matter and has no impact. Nevertheless.

With the above in mind, The Official JWLCOSU Michigan Week Name Calling Thread is open for business. Let's get them organized in one place for all to see and have fun with! Go for it, boys and girls. Oh, and Go Bucks!

You don't namecall, but you do act like a douche.

Roasted in an oven? I've brined food for smoking, but not regular cooking.

A couple of years ago I started brining the turkeys I roast on Thanksgiving. Makes a huge difference in how juicy the white meat is. No more dusty dried out turkeys for this guy.

Back