Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MSU vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread UTL Edition

I love reading threads like this, the gloom and doom on page one to exciting by the end. Beating State is always good .. Nice win.

Msu dominated most of the game. They made some terrible mistakes being young. I'd be really worried if I was a um fan. Last year they're went from plus 50 at msu to barely holding on at home.
I was worried all week. Just glad they pulled it out. Msu has trouble finishing drives and and surprisingly miss by Kim didn’t help.

Colston Loveland is a thug and a complete embarrassment - Moore shouldn’t allow him anywhere near a microphone. He started that whole thing, then the bench clears and 3 wolverines are kicking and stomping an MSU coach on the ground for trying to separate the players and break up the fight. I’m surprised they didn’t give those thugs the sunglasses (dumbest celebration in the history of sports, by the way) to celebrate three guys in full pads beating the shit out of a coach.

Last edited:
I was worried all week. Just glad they pulled it out. Msu has trouble finishing drives and and surprisingly miss by Kim didn’t help.
The missed FG was a killer. They make that and uofm doesn’t go for 2 (assuming the rest of the game plays out the same) and then they can tie the game late. But the bigger issue was playing like garbage in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and not having an elite experienced receiver - although Foster actually made a couple nice plays tonight, he’s just not a guy that makes plays when u need him too. Marsh looks like he will be a stud, but it’s not enough.

Why can't MSU fans that feel the need to come over to the UM board, just acknowledge the win and congratulate the program. It was a tough game as expected. The Spartans played really well mostly, made some mistakes that Michigan capitalized on and Michigan won the game. Maybe next year Sparty!

The missed FG was a killer. They make that and uofm doesn’t go for 2 (assuming the rest of the game plays out the same) and then they can tie the game late. But the bigger issue playing like garbage in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.
I think after the missed extra point Michigan would have gone for two even if MSU hadn't missed the fg.

I think after the missed extra point Michigan would have gone for two even if MSU hadn't missed the fg.
If they did, Moore should be fired on the spot - extra point puts them up 10 vs 9 if they miss the 2pt conversion. Then TD and FG against and they lose the game.

Of course this assumes everything plays out the same had we made the FG which is a pretty big “if”.

If they did, Moore should be fired on the spot - extra point puts them up 10 vs 9 if they miss the 2pt conversion. Then TD and FG against and they lose the game.

Of course this assumes everything plays out the same had we made the FG which is a pretty big “if”.
Maybe if they make that fg, MSU doesn't feel they have to push for a score just before the half and the fumble doesn't occur and Michigan doesn't get the fg to end the 1st half. I think those two plays, the missed fg and fumble, allowing Michigan to get that fg really turned the momentum in Michigan's favor. Still MSU almost came back to tie it (or maybe even win it). The Michigan offense and punter seemed to be throwing the game over to the Spartans. A three and out followed by a 25 yard punt, with the game on the line!

They actually out played them the whole game which we all love. They just had a few big mistakes. It just proves how much of an advantage Stallions bullshit cheating gave you guys last year. Going from winning by 50 on the road to barely beating them at home. Come on now
Maybe the fact that Michigan only returned six of the starters from last year's team and had a complete turnover in the coaching staff has something to do with it? I think that has had a lot to do with the team's play this year. But moving on. Have a good evening.

Maybe if they make that fg, MSU doesn't feel they have to push for a score just before the half and the fumble doesn't occur and Michigan doesn't get the fg to end the 1st half. I think those two plays, the missed fg and fumble, allowing Michigan to get that fg really turned the momentum in Michigan's favor. Still MSU almost came back to tie it (or maybe even win it). The Michigan offense and punter seemed to be throwing the game over to the Spartans. A three and out followed by a 25 yard punt, with the game on the line!
In my scenario, I’m granting uofm the FG to end the half. If the making it means we don’t fumble and uofm doesn’t get the lead and the momentum swing before halftime, then the miss is even more impactful.

I don’t disagree that we shot ourselves in the foot in the 2nd quarter that flipped the momentum to uofm, but HAD everything else played out roughly the same, I don’t see a scenario where going for 2 makes sense. If the extra pt puts u up by 10, you take it every time. I think that’s true even in the pre-overtime era, especially at home.

Last edited:
I can't say they outplayed us, because we played pretty well... well enough to come back and win. but the daylight between the two programs is gone. MSU got better this season, and we got A LOT worse. Coaching and preparation make such a big difference, and we'll be in trouble if that doesn't improve next year.

Also: congrats to ME!

4-0 in MSU games now... more powerful than the "1st year coach curse" when it comes to MSU. Everyone else should have paid for my trip.

Maybe the fact that Michigan only returned six of the starters from last year's team and had a complete turnover in the coaching staff has something to do with it? I think that has had a lot to do with the team's play this year. But moving on. Have a good evening.
I think Slowtime is just pulling your leg.

I mean, come on now, no adult who's watched more than a season or two of football could be stupid enough to actually believe what he wrote.

Back