Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Northwestern vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Gotcha. Always love seeing you contribute to game threads.

Truth is.. there hasn't been much to talk about. You might have noticed, I don't like being the guy always bitching. When my teams are playing bad, I don't contribute much, because it's already enough negativity.

Rich Rod.. Hoke... they didn't give me many joys. Harbaugh.. now this is GOOD football. So I decided to get involved in some threads.

Last edited:
Have these really been late hits or what? Brandstetter and Dierdorf are calling the game as if they are obvious. I am listening, not watching.

Well, I have to say, Michigan has already scored more than I thought they would today. I figured a low scoring defensive battle.. 14-10.

This has been a big time game.

When you destroy #13... you're right on the verge of being in talks for the top 10 anyway. This has got to make some people take notice.

Wow. Kenny Allen is a senior!!! I had no idea. I thought he was a sophomore at most.

Have these really been late hits or what? Brandstetter and Dierdorf are calling the game as if they are obvious. I am listening, not watching.

Hits are late for sure... but not bad enough to get the calls.

When a guy is one step out of bounds, with a defender coming in and trying to pull up.. it's a lot harder to flag it.

I think the refs have been fair.

Well, I have to say, Michigan has already scored more than I thought they would today. I figured a low scoring defensive battle.. 14-10.

When you destroy #13... you're right on the verge of being in talks for the top 10 anyway. This has got to make some people take notice.

Well, I said 35-6 because of the D putting us in good positions, but I didn't think we'd look this good doing it.

I'll say this much... you look at ANY team in the country that is ranked, and everyone BUT their fans think they are overrated. OSU thinks they deserve #1, everyone else thinks they are overrated.

But if Michigan can keep NU off the board, three straight shutouts. Two of them against ranked opponents. Michigan will be the only team in the country no one can say is overrated.

yup. Based on what has happened so far today my guess is they will be 11 or 12 come Monday.

Hits are late for sure... but not bad enough to get the calls.

When a guy is one step out of bounds, with a defender coming in and trying to pull up.. it's a lot harder to flag it.

I think the refs have been fair.

Thanks! The way they described them they were clearly late.

Loving the fgs. That will be a valuable asset in the future games.

I'll say this much... you look at ANY team in the country that is ranked, and everyone BUT their fans think they are overrated. OSU thinks they deserve #1, everyone else thinks they are overrated.

But if Michigan can keep NU off the board, three straight shutouts. Two of them against ranked opponents. Michigan will be the only team in the country no one can say is overrated.

says a UM fan ;)

yup. Based on what has happened so far today my guess is they will be 11 or 12 come Monday.

Seems fair. I think we move into the top 10 if we beat MSU, but they won't just hand it to us no matter what the score today.

Back