Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers sign Fielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Always at least one buzz kill in the crowd.

Sorry I don't just blindly follow the masses. I am very surprised that they did this...it really doesn't make too much sense to me. If you are going to throw $20 million a year at somebody I don't think you do it for a DH.

Are you dense? 1B you goof.

So what do you think Fielder could hit 50 bombs a year consistently being in the AL central? Since the parks are more friendly to left handed hitters?

or do you think it would be to much of a stretch to add on that many?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I figure DH Miguel until he gets in some 3B shape and when Vmart comes back Miguel in for Inge. Win win win.
He looked to be in good shape from the off season pics I've seen. Don't rule him out as a corner OF either.

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Always at least one buzz kill in the crowd.

Sorry I don't just blindly follow the masses. I am very surprised that they did this...it really doesn't make too much sense to me. If you are going to throw $20 million a year at somebody I don't think you do it for a DH.

Do yourself a favor and go to baseball reference and look at Princes numbers.. it will make you very happy... With victor going down we had to do something...

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I figure DH Miguel until he gets in some 3B shape and when Vmart comes back Miguel in for Inge. Win win win.
He looked to be in good shape from the off season pics I've seen. Don't rule him out as a corner OF either.

I'd love it with him at 3B.

MI_Thumb said:
Wow, I owe buddyboy an apology, he kept on going on about Fielder and I was sure he was on 'shrooms or something.

Miggy will have to DH IMO, or split time at 1B, cause his weight just seems to be too much of an issue for me to ever see him doing anything at 3B.
It's alright bro beans

ape-fielder-c-det-2xhrc-j.jpg

What are the chances?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And when he gets older, he goes DH. Win win win.
Exactly. Once VMart is out of the equation (3 more yrs?), you can use Miggy and Prince in the DH role to keep both healthy.

If V Mart can be back in 2012 out lineup card is beyond sick:

1. Jackson
2. Boesch
3. V Mart
4. Cabby
5. Fielder
6. Young
7. Perralta
8. Avila
9. The peanut vendor could hit here and score 50 runs

johnny2x2x said:

1. Jackson
2. Boesch
3. V Mart
4. Cabby
5. Fielder
6. Young
7. Perralta
8. Avila

I heard he was out for the year...

johnny2x2x said:

1. Jackson
2. Boesch
3. V Mart
4. Cabby
5. Fielder
6. Young
7. Perralta
8. Avila

Vmart is 5 in this order. Fielder is a typical clean up hitter.

Wonder if Inge will go back to being a "nice guy" again on his next baseball team.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tomdalton22 said:

Are you dense? Miggy or Fielder will be the DH. Each one makes $20 million. Therefore...you have a $20 million DH.

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Are you dense? Miggy or Fielder will be the DH. Each one makes $20 million. Therefore...you have a $20 million DH.

You just said getting a guy, blah blah blah. You were referring to Fielder only. And you have no idea where Miguel plays.

So where would you spend the 20M, right now, Prince was the only player, the only available player who could replace VMarts bat and Mr I got him, lets all bitch and moan, how stupid can you be. We can worry about next year, next year, for now we are back in the drivers seat :)

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

No, it's been reported Miggy is moving to 3rd where he previously was a very good fielder there. I don't expect him to be good there, but he'll be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back