Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. a's ALDS Game Thread 2 Oct. 5

Yea Jim he was tremendous better than jv even FCK THAT JIM your offense blows dead goats! Tired of this BS excuses shit

did you watch the game? That rookie was just as good as JV tonight. They were both dominant.

Considering 13 pitchers have shut us out this year.. it seems to be the cast that the Tigers face dominant pitching more often than most. Or maybe the offense just sucks.

did you watch the game? That rookie was just as good as JV tonight. They were both dominant.

To be fair, that rookie got a lot of help from us.

Not trying to say he wasn't good, but he wasn't that good.

Let's not get crazy, he still batted .278 in September as banged up and ineffective as he was. I don't think DK would match that.

It was about as ineffective as .278 could be, as once on base, he couldn't even manage a good station to station. Two of those hits he was out extending, and there were the usual double plays from both ends to compounded lack of speed. I am sure we could have pulled out a win or two in Miami if Cleveland were a game closer by playing to win; same in Minnesota. I would venture that there is a good chance we see nothing from Miggy in the rest of this season except the occasional single, compounded by no range at all at third.

Of course the real problem is that absolutely no one else seems remotely capable of stepping up, and even with shutdown pitching, SOMEBODY has to step up. They all look completely befuddled at the plate, and this has been going on most of the time for a few weeks.

1 homer for miggy in the last 27 games. his injury has sapped ALL of his power.

im pretty sure we're fucked if noone can pick up the slack, especially Fielder, VMart, AJax, and Hunter. Miggy's not going to do much, so if the other 4 can't pick it up, we're completely screwed. all 4 were absolutely horrible tonight, especially ajax.

You want him to call his guys out as a bunch of limp dicks? No manager is going to do that.

I want him to stop telling us the to give credit to the other pitcher all the damn time, NO I ain't giving any credit to a 23 old rookie beating us down with fastballs not gong to happen smoker!

1-5 was 1 for 20 tonight off a damn 23 year old rookie, un exfucking ceptable

It was about as ineffective as .278 could be, as once on base, he couldn't even manage a good station to station. Two of those hits he was out extending, and there were the usual double plays from both ends to compounded lack of speed. I am sure we could have pulled out a win or two in Miami if Cleveland were a game closer by playing to win; same in Minnesota. I would venture that there is a good chance we see nothing from Miggy in the rest of this season except the occasional single, compounded by no range at all at third.

Of course the real problem is that absolutely no one else seems remotely capable of stepping up, and even with shutdown pitching, SOMEBODY has to step up. They all look completely befuddled at the plate, and this has been going on most of the time for a few weeks.

The DP"s and the base running is a real problem that a many of healthly players could improve on. Why not use him as a pinch hitter? IE Anyone heard of Kirk Gibson

Last edited:
Plenty of blame to go around tonight. If they win with the way they're playing, it will feel like pure luck. Even yesterday's win felt like a gift when you realize the Tigers didn't score a run after the 1st inning. Realistically, we should be headed home 0-2. But it's 1-1 and it's just another golden opportunity to be wasted.

I want him to stop telling us the to give credit to the other pitcher all the damn time, NO I ain't giving any credit to a 23 old rookie beating us down with fastballs not gong to happen smoker!

1-5 was 1 for 20 tonight off a damn 23 year old rookie, un exfucking ceptable

what does it matter if he is a 23 year old rookie or a 35 year old vet? He was great tonight. His curve balls were wicked and he was hitting his spots with his fastball.

Let's just move on and hope the Tigers don't blame familiarity when they get shut out by Jarrod Parker at home Monday.

Plenty of blame to go around tonight. If they win with the way they're playing, it will feel like pure luck. Even yesterday's win felt like a gift when you realize the Tigers didn't score a run after the 1st inning. Realistically, we should be headed home 0-2. But it's 1-1 and it's just another golden opportunity to be wasted.

As much as it sucks 1-1 is fair.

We both scored and gave up the exact same number of runs in the series so far, so I really can't see saying we should be down 0-2 is any more logical than saying we should be up 2-0, I'll take the split.

Bottom line is we have 2 at home coming up and a good chance to finish them off, Sanchez is going to be just as tough on them, they can't match us starter for starter much longer.

Back