Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. a's ALDS Game Thread 2 Oct. 5

That's why I think it's on Leyland.

This game is on the players. They have not scored more than 4 runs in the last 2 weeks and the 4 runs came once. Every game has either been 3 runs or less and shutout twice. These guys arent hitting and that is where most of the concern was before the playoffs even started.

McClendon should be relieved of his duties. Im sick of Leyland being allowed to hire his friends for coaches and they just sit on their fucking asses and don't adjust to shit.

Leyland cannot hit for the players, sure I thought Al shoulda been pulled but like someone else said Oakland was likely going to score eventually, when you allow 1 run I expect you to win 95% of the time. This is a flat out joke offensively, where is the plate discipline? Few are working counts or drawing walks, there is no XBH threat at all the past several games. All around pitiful.

I wonder if Leyland sticks to his plan to not workout the team at all tomorrow.....

If a bunch of good hitters come to detroit and don't hit anymore.. obviously the problem is coaching and game plan. IF Leyland is still around next year, force him to hire a new staff, and not a bunch of guys he's been close with in the past.

This game is on the players. They have not scored more than 4 runs in the last 2 weeks and the 4 runs came once. Every game has either been 3 runs or less and shutout twice. These guys arent hitting and that is where most of the concern was before the playoffs even started.

Many have said this offence is built around Cabrera. And since his injury the Tigers have been playing poorly. This goes to Tiger managerment. They should have put him on the DL or at least sit him and used him as a pinch hitter way long ago!

I think they need to jumble the lineup, Cabrera cannot fill his role right now, he needs to hit 5th, put Vmart or Peralta 3rd.

Like someone said. Every post season seems to be the same under this regime lately.. no hitting...

Leyland cannot hit for the players, sure I thought Al shoulda been pulled but like someone else said Oakland was likely going to score eventually, when you allow 1 run I expect you to win 95% of the time. This is a flat out joke offensively, where is the plate discipline? Few are working counts or drawing walks, there is no XBH threat at all the past several games. All around pitiful.

offense has suffered overall since Peralta got suspended. This is why I think it's bullshit he's not playing. He was a top 3 hitter on our team all year. If not in left, then play him at SS. Defense isn't a concern with our power pitching. We need some fucking runs.

Many have said this offence is built around Cabrera. And since his injury the Tigers have been playing poorly. This goes to Tiger managerment. They should have put him on the DL or at least sit him and used him as a pinch hitter way long ago!

Problem is, when could they have put him on DL or benched him? Hell we only won the division by 1 damn game with Miggy, we probably would not be here if we benched him.

Whatever they are doing to try and get out of this never ending offensive funk, it isn't working, try something different..how bout not even picking up a bat again till game time Monday, reset your brain, stop over thinking and drive the damn thing, mix the line up, get peralta back in at SS iggy is great d and all but damit we need runs right now smoker!

Last edited:
If a bunch of good hitters come to detroit and don't hit anymore.. obviously the problem is coaching and game plan. IF Leyland is still around next year, force him to hire a new staff, and not a bunch of guys he's been close with in the past.

what hitters came from other teams and got worse in Detroit besides Prince?

Problem is, when could they have put him on DL or benched him? Hell we only won the division by 1 damn game with Miggy, we probably would not be here if we benched him.

Considering he didn't hit at all in September, I'm not sure his production last month wouldn't have been replaceable. Hell, Kelly could have started at 3rd every game and produced more than Miggy did that month.

Tigers went like 10-2 or something when he was on the bench?

Edit He did miss 14 games after all.

Last edited:
offense has suffered overall since Peralta got suspended. This is why I think it's bullshit he's not playing. He was a top 3 hitter on our team all year. If not in left, then play him at SS. Defense isn't a concern with our power pitching. We need some fucking runs.

I didn't want to have him on the roster, I'm old school and hate roids, I thought it would be kind of bushleague to play him. But if you are going to put him on the roster I agree play him in left, even though Kelly was fine tonight.

Who would that be???

Cabrera went from good to GOD in Detroit, Prince is having a down year, but as has been explained 50938052749878934790 times, that's how he goes up/down every other season, Vmart has been a good hitter both years here, Hunter has been, so has Peralta, Infante....so who are you talking about?

Oh yeah Brayan Pena had a career year, so it wasn't him....

Get back to me on this okay?

Considering he didn't hit at all in September, I'm not sure his production last month wouldn't have been replaceable. Hell, Kelly could have started at 3rd every game and produced more than Miggy did that month.

Let's not get crazy, he still batted .278 in September as banged up and ineffective as he was. I don't think DK would match that.

Yea Jim he was tremendous better than jv even FCK THAT JIM your offense blows dead goats! Tired of this BS excuses shit for his terrible offense, call it what it is smoker

Last edited:
Yea Jim he was tremendous better than jv even FCK THAT JIM your offense blows dead goats! Tired of this BS excuses shit

You want him to call his guys out as a bunch of limp dicks? No manager is going to do that.

Back