Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. a's Game 5 Thread Oct. 10

Yeah I commented on that the first time the camera picked him up. It must be his lucky tie, or at least it is now.

I think there was something said that it was the tie he wore last year when the beat them.

Now they are saying that sonny gray was pitching with a broken thumb,

stories out soon,

probably from sucking on it to hard after Miggy hit the Bomb!!

Justin Verlander is 2nd pitcher in MLB history with 10+ K and 0 Runs allowed in back-to-back postseason games (Koufax in 1965).

Did teams always have super celebration's after very series? 10-20 years ago. I thought they were saved for going to the WS and winning it?

Yup I was @ Tiger Stadium in '72 for Game 5, when the A's beat the Tigers 2-1 to win the ALCS, as there were only two divisions (East-West) per league. Oakland celebrated on the IF and in their visitor's clubhouse.

Game 1 on Fox. Joe Fuck and McGoober time. Ugh.

I am so tired of listening to Joe Buck on both baseball and football (not to mention Troy Aikman). I better be able to get this broadcast on my radio (ESPN broadcast), to hear some other announcers.

Justin Verlander is 2nd pitcher in MLB history with 10+ K and 0 Runs allowed in back-to-back postseason games (Koufax in 1965).

Great stat. Any time you're in the same sentence as Koufax, you're doing something right.

Drinking rum and listening to Mussorgsky while celebrating the Tigers win. I'm a classy motherfucker (not really).

How do the A's get past the first round? "Not play Detroit again." - Josh Donaldson

The photos that the fans were holding up (kate upton). Did you notice that?

Justin Verlander: "I did notice that. No comment."

Not positive but I think that this was Torrii Hunter's first taste of postseason series success.

Back