Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. a's Game 5 Thread Oct. 10

Did teams always have super celebration's after very series? 10-20 years ago. I thought they were saved for going to the WS and winning it?

no, I think it's bs they pop champagne for making one of the two wild card spots. other sports don't do that either, did the wings spay champagne for the 7 seed?

Harold Reynolds doing a great Job baking down the Miggy homer on MLB network.....

Freaking so funny when Miggy hits the homer.

So what do they call that little cheer thing they do that hunter leads...to be honest I thinks it's kinda of corny

Its cool as hell man..

They had celebration's after each series way back when. Most of the time..

so, fun fact.

the Tigers have only beaten 2 teams in the playoffs under leyland: the yanks and the A's. weird.

Did teams always have super celebration's after very series? 10-20 years ago. I thought they were saved for going to the WS and winning it?

iirc they only did it for the league championship and the world championship.

But it seems now they use non-alcoholic stuff which is cheap, so maybe that why.

Don't have to spring for 80 bottles of Dom P?rignon :cheers:

They were saying JV had 24 swing and misses and his 280th career start.

Spock with a few months of assholish redsox fans, lol,

I want to beat these asshole redsox almost as much as the Tigers Winning a World Series.

Its cool as hell man..

They had celebration's after each series way back when. Most of the time..

Olbermann said it was something Hunter took from the New Zealand rugby team.

Can't say for sure Keith is not full of shit though.

Olbermann said it was something Hunter took from the New Zealand rugby team.

Can't say for sure Keith is not full of shit though.

I could see a Rugby team doing that..I could also see Olbermann as full of shit.

Last edited:
no, I think it's bs they pop champagne for making one of the two wild card spots. other sports don't do that either, did the wings spay champagne for the 7 seed?
Didn't you just question someone for complaining about men LOB saying that you should just enjoy the win and you complain about this?

so, fun fact.

the Tigers have only beaten 2 teams in the playoffs under leyland: the yanks and the A's. weird.

Well aside from Texas and the NL teams in the WS that's all we ever played.

Funny also we never lost to either of them even after going to 5 games in their stadiums.

Proud of the Tigers! Season was a success no matter what happens now, but go beat Boston!

Well looking forwards, I'm not as worried about the Red Sox as the TBS guys hinted, our pitching is way better, and we beat them in the season series.

We just need the guys who are hitting (Vmart, Jhonny) so keep hitting and a few other to contribute.

I was more worried about the Rays than the Pink Sox.

Bob Gibson 4
Cliff Lee 4
JV 3

Most post season road games with 10 or more k's.

Leyland also confirmed Anibal Sanchez will start Game 1 in Boston. He's only #Tigers starter who didn't pitch in Game 4 or 5.

Back