Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Cubs Game Thread June 14

I'm not a professional athlete. This is a slow team....and they are the two biggest offenders.

Show me a team full of Quintin Berry's and I'll show you a 130 loss team.

Fielder and Cabrera more than make up for their lack of fleetness.

Young lines a single to left off his shoe tops, Berry in as the pinch runner and new leftfielder.

Cabrera isn't as patient as last year or past 2/3....not taking as many walks, I kind of think he has a bit different approach at bat in the 3 spot. Swinging at more pitches just out of the zone, or so it seems. trying to make it happen...forcing the at bat a bit more.
Maybe we got spoiled last few years, still on pace for 130 plus rbi? 30 something homeruns, last check was leading the league in multiple hit games, all that with a couple of 0 for streaks 21/22 was it and another 0 for 14 or something,
Wonder if they flipped them how many pitches Fielder would get to hit batting 3rd, with Cabrera back at cleanup?

I think your right, he's trying to brute force things a bit more often this year, not as many walks confirms it.

Tigers draw 124,782 fans at 3-game series at Wrigley Field -- largest mid-week 3-game series in park's history. Thousands were Tigers fans!

Verlander CG maybe?

Should be easy inning facing the bottom of the order.

I just hate to much plate on 0-2 or 1-2.... You are giving in to a hitter who has had a good series and trying to hit to right field... He could have made him fish maybe...

dirty bastard, single to right,

Maybe JV should have thrown a changeup or something else all fastballs to f'n durwood barney fife

how about a double play on beady eyed valbur=ena

yes, thankyou

Last edited:
The top 3 of the order for the Cubs are 0-9 today, if JV gets this guy out, I let him pitch the 9th.

Back