Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Cubs Game Thread June 14

YES!!!

JV moves runner to scoring position and Ajax plates him.

Tigers lead!

Nice, Jackson pokes it into left and mudhen races home with the run,

Tigers lead 3 - 2,

low fastball sent back up the middle for a Boesch single, Jackson to second,

cubs pitcher leaves with about 100 pitches.

boy i'll tell ya what, anytime we need a pinch hitter to lay down a bunt, we should use JV!

No one even noticed, JV's 6 inning streak is still intact. Damn Cabrera, he was knocking the cover off the ball recently, hope he's not headed towards another funk!

Better shape or not I think I could get down to first faster than Miggy, maybe not Fielder, he actually runs pretty good for a bigman. I think I could outrun Delmon to.

He hacked away at one off the plate and away and weakly grounded out, he's not very patient up there this series in his give away AB's mode at the moment.

Cabrera isn't as patient as last year or past 2/3....not taking as many walks, I kind of think he has a bit different approach at bat in the 3 spot. Swinging at more pitches just out of the zone, or so it seems. trying to make it happen...forcing the at bat a bit more.
Maybe we got spoiled last few years, still on pace for 130 plus rbi? 30 something homeruns, last check was leading the league in multiple hit games, all that with a couple of 0 for streaks 21/22 was it and another 0 for 14 or something,
Wonder if they flipped them how many pitches Fielder would get to hit batting 3rd, with Cabrera back at cleanup?

Back