Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 20

For some reason I still don't feel safe with a 6 run lead.

Tigers 5th inning,

Cabrera fouls it back, swinging a slider low grounds it foul, slider away, swings and misses a changeup on/off the corner,

gas can durbin must have found another pitch after leaving Tigers and chuck hernandez,

Martinez takes a strike, changeup in the dirt, again, fastball high, line drive single over short,

Nice to see Willie Hernandez in the short replay,

Avila drills it to left center and it just misses going out by less than a foot, Martinez gets to third,

Peralta gets a free pass and now bases loaded,

Inge takes outside, strike call, slider fouled back, grounds it foul, check swing first base ump says no, fly to left and he drops it and Martinez scores and everybody is safe, brantley throws to home instead of third, E7,

Tigers lead 6 - 1,

Santiago takes inside, flys to left center is caught and Avila scores on the sac fly,

3rd sac fly of the game for Tigers,

Tigers lead 7 - 1,

Jackson takes low, swings and misses, strike call, curve grounder to third,

Tigers finally score off the indians bullpen after something like 22 innings,

Fister must think he is in the twilight zone with all these runs,

Tigers lead 7 - 1.

Fister 6th inning,

fukudome lines to Santiago,

laportly swings and misses, fastball outside, ground foul, slider low, swings and misses in front of a curve,

Fister with 7 k's,

chisenhall bloops to shallow center and Santiago races out there and has it,

Fister with a short inning now with 94 pitches,

Tigers lead 7 - 1.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":f8mcqtya]For some reason I still don't feel safe with a 6 run lead.

You're kidding, right. [/quote:f8mcqtya]

Against a team that we have to beat, in a series we must win?

A team that has a nasty habit of burning us whenever we get a chance to bury them 3 games in the standings.

Then no, I was not kidding.

MI_Thumb said:
For some reason I still don't feel safe with a 6 run lead.

I don't feel safe making coffee in the morning even when I'm wearing a protective cup.

I'm gonna drive across the Valley for pizza now and listen to the game on XM radio.

Go Tigers!!!

In Chicago, John Danks has slowed the game to a snail's pace...Rangers throwing the offensive machine Omar Quintanilla against him

Twinkies annihilated A.J. Burnett. Glad we never got him. Most over-rated pitcher in baseball...

Tigers 6th inning,

Maggs takes a slider strike, up and in with another, fastball fouled back, gets a piece of a slider low, grounder up the middle to second baseman,

Young strike call, grounder to third,

Cabrera flys to the deepest part of right center, crap,

Tigers lead 7 - 1.

cmlfactor said:
Twinkies annihilated A.J. Burnett. Glad we never got him. Most over-rated pitcher in baseball...

I am not sure how the Yanks are winning....C.C., Nova, and duct tape

So, at 94 pitches, does Smokey leave Fister in to try for 7?

Also post # 700

Bob's killing me :-/

Back