Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 20

MI_Thumb said:
So, at 94 pitches, does Smokey leave Fister in to try for 7?

Also post # 700

Bob's killing me :|

Don't see why not. He's a mini horse.

tycobb420 said:
cmlfactor said:
Twinkies annihilated A.J. Burnett. Glad we never got him. Most over-rated pitcher in baseball...

I am not sure how the Yanks are winning....C.C., Nova, and duct tape

I know it. And no A-Roid for a month. Rivera showing his age on occasion. They could be a round-one opponent ripe for the picking...

Jhonny Peralta is not a candidate to win the GG.

Stop with that bullshit Rod.

cmlfactor said:
tycobb420 said:

I know it. And no A-Roid for a month. Rivera showing his age on occasion. They could be a round-one opponent ripe for the picking...

That what I'm hoping, but they have to win the East in order for them to face us.

Excellent start from Fister.. I think his upped K rate is really encouraging as well.. Maybe he's not just a ground ball pitcher?

tazmac said:
Whatever he did it wasn't good.

Hey I was born at Pennock Hospital June 7th 1961... My father played football for the Saxon's way back in the 1940's.. I always root for Hastings except when they play Haslett or Byron center.

BC and Hastings have had some battles when they were both in the OK Gold a few years back...

cmlfactor said:
tycobb420 said:

I think the Sox are vulnerable too without Bucholtz. Texas might be the most dangerous team in the AL.

Fister 7th inning, Kelly in rightfield,

valbuena flys to the warning track and Young has it,

brantley curve stays high, lined foul, fastball outside, hard grounder to Peralta,

Fister just over 100 pitches,

choo strike call, fastball inside, slider fouled back, single to center,

acabrera flys to Kelly,

Fister has a great game, 106 pitches 1 run, 6 hits, 7 k's,

Tigers lead 7 - 1.

MI_Thumb said:
So, at 94 pitches, does Smokey leave Fister in to try for 7?

Also post # 700

Bob's killing me :-/

Only because I stay up later... :)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mjsb2 said:

What? 5 errors and. 987 fieleing %
And mediocre range.. He's actually been a plus fielder this year, but you can't compare him to an Andrus or Cabrera..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mjsb2 said:

He's an average fielder.

Below average range but a good glove.

He's nowhere near a GG quality fielder.

mjsb2 said:

Why not? His numbers looked comparable with the other two they showed. Who do you think will win it?

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

He's an average fielder.

Below average range but a good glove.

He's nowhere near a GG quality fielder.

Range okay but fld % does count and much better than Cabrera. And now a days offense plays a role. You just watch :)

BTW on the Peralta argument.. Fielding % isn't everything.. Take some sabremetrics into account as well..

How are the yankees winning? Theyre the highest scoring team in baseball and 6th overall in era. Yankee stadium is a death trap in the playoffs for teams that don't have great pitching.

Back