Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 20

10-1 Tigers, pull Avila!

Put Kelly or Inge behind the dish.

Day game tomorrow.

tycobb420 said:
MI_Thumb said:
Watched the Braves the other day. They were pushing for Alex Gonzalez to win a GG. Then, the announcer said he needed to hit more to get noticed.

I agree with everything you said, but don't forget Jeter won some gold gloves when he was bad, and some other gave to.

It's still a popularity contest more then based on performance only.
+1000 take the award with a grain of salt IMO..

MI_Thumb said:
mjsb2 said:
He's an average fielder.

Below average range but a good glove.

He's nowhere near a GG quality fielder.

I agree with everything you said, but don't forget Jeter won some gold gloves when he was bad, and some others have to.

It's still a popularity contest more then based on performance only.

But people actually thought Jeter was good.

He had that play against Oakland, that play where he caught the ball in fair territory and dove into the stands, all of those unnecessary jump throws, and he had the media riding his jock.

Nobody other than Rod is suggesting Peralta is good.

Save some for Porcello...the way he's pitched lately, he might need a Touchdown or two.

Tigers 7th inning,

Martinez lines it over the shift and singles to right,

Avila fastball outside, fastball fouled back, fastball outside, again, outside full count, fouled back, takes low and walks for the tird time tonight, Avila's obp was already through the roof this month,

Peralta first pitch single to medium center and bases loaded again,

Inge big swing and miss on a changeup, fastball way inside, swings at another low one fouls it back, fastball letter high and he swings and misses,

Santiago takes a fastball low, fouled back, bloops to center for an rbi single and bases still loaded,

Tigers lead 8 - 1,

Jackson grounder in the hole to left and another run scores bases still loaded,

Tigers lead 9 - 1,

Kelly takes low, bloop to shallow left and another run scores and bases still loaded,

Tigers lead 10 - 1,

pitching change as tough guy acta takes herrmman out new pitcher rperez,

Young first pitch swinging ground foul, grounder to third for a 5 - 4 - 3 double play,

Tigers lead 10 - 1.

MI_Thumb said:
Delmon falling off fast.

He's been hitting the ball hard and not striking out. Had had a 5 game hit streak so one game is not falling off fast.

Would have been nice to pound on their bullpen a little more. I guess I am reaching for something to complain about though.

Back