Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 12

it's rather amazing that we only scored two runs in that inning. wait.. naww that's not surprising at all is it.

Well okay then, how the heck was I supposed to know that, its just a friggin' preseason game...jeez..

Do preseason games really matter? Seriously, don't get hurt. I hate preseason football.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="biggunsbob":zs46bv84]Figures....LOL...

I missed it using the rest room...

Bob, you need a pee jar for the games, I'll sell you one of my old ones if you want.

Can be used for #2 in a pinch.[/quote:zs46bv84]

LOL.. Sounds like you fish and hunt a lot like my father when he could... At 84 his days out by himself are getting fewer...

tycobb420 said:
Do preseason games really matter? Seriously, don't get hurt. I hate preseason football.

I agree but the first one i want to see because the Lions are getting better... But you are right... Preseason football is a joke... I just cannot believe anyone one would pay for a ticket to those football games...

Penny with 66 pitches,

Tigers lead 4 - 2.

minny and indians tied up at 1 in the 7th,
royals up 1 - 0 over wsox early.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
tycobb420 said:

I agree but the first one i want to see because the Lions are getting better... But you are right... Preseason football is a joke... I just cannot believe anyone one would pay for a ticket to those football games...

Cowboys had 75,000 last night at the Jerry Jones Dome. Amazing.

Well I come back to see the Tigers up 4-2.. I know they've missed a lot more opportunities, but overall I can't complain much.. Betemit is proving his bat so far for the Tigers..

Also, Penny has recovered decently since his joke 1st inning... Avila is on fire still..

No update yet on AA on gameday, what happened, did he get beaned?

There ya go Alex, that's how you wait for a pitch that you can hit, rather then just go up there chopping at anything.

Turok said:

Orioles were taking batting practice and one of them hit a line drive which hit Al in the head as the Tigers were stretching in the outfield.

tycobb420 said:
Turok said:

In BP.

Oh, duh AA=Al Alburquerque or Alex Avila, who just happened to be up at bat at the time.

and JV=Jose Valverde or Justin Verlander...heh!!

Alburquerque could end up on the new 7-day DL (for concussions), allowing them to bring up a body to take C responsibilities off Avila.

Back