Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 13

I think with the way we have hit in RISP situations this year, plus what Granderson's doing......Lloyd Mcclendon has to be fired in the offseason, even if we win the World Series.

in looking over the remaining schedule i'm thinking about 92 wins - the WTF did smokes do that for factor bringing us to= 87

MI_Thumb said:
I think with the way we have hit in RISP situations this year, plus what Granderson's doing......Lloyd Mcclendon has to be fired in the offseason, even if we win the World Series.

+1 completely agree

MI_Thumb said:

We're 3rd in the AL in batting avg, plus Granderson hits in a band box

MI_Thumb said:
yep. id bet real money that the only reason durham is still our AAA hitting coach rather than the ML one is because jimmy boy refuses to ever fire lloyd.

justinrose74 said:
MI_Thumb said:

I'm not talking about his HR's.

Look at his Avg. vs. lefties.

Look what Polonco did in Philly last year once he got away from Lloyd.

MI_Thumb said:

Yes! Amazing how Grandy just suddenly learned how to hit lefties eh? Next time you see him bat look at his stance. He's closed it way up and stands closer to the plate. A relatively young player doesn't just do that on his own without some tip from his coach. I've been saying this for years...wish we could lure Don Baylor away from the Dbacks...

MI_Thumb said:
justinrose74 said:

From what I understand, Grandy refused to listen to the coaches here and in NY until he hit rock bottom.

MI_Thumb said:
justinrose74 said:

For the record I think McClendon should be fired too.

Spockmaster said:
MI_Thumb said:
yep. id bet real money that the only reason durham is still our AAA hitting coach rather than the ML one is because jimmy boy refuses to ever fire lloyd.

That has to be the reason, the 'siamese triplets', smokey, lloyd, and lamont.

We can only pray that Lloyd gets a managerial job somewhere else next season...

MI_Thumb said:
I've been wanting Legendary Lloyd gone for 3 years..

The fact we have the 3rd highest BA means nothing.

We are horrible at hitting sac flies, not great and bunting, we can get on base, we have seen that.

We need our guys to be better hitters with men on, and in scoring position, whatever strategy Lloyd has them trying does not work.

We fired Knapp for far less.

LM has got to go, we need a real HC to watch the tapes and figure it out for em, lot of out in front swings tonight..

tycobb420 said:
MI_Thumb said:

From what I understand, Grandy refused to listen to the coaches here and in NY until he hit rock bottom.

never heard that before, highly possible, remember the lefty hitter jeff larish who stood like a statue at the plate before swinging, he only listened to his father, didn't even take advice from Kaline.

justinrose74 said:
MI_Thumb said:

his home and away OPS is identical. he is still hitting for tons of extra base power regardless of where he is, regardless of the fact that he has 4 more homers in NY than on the road.

mcclendon must go.

Back