Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 13

tycobb420 said:
MI_Thumb said:
I'm not talking about his HR's.

Look at his Avg. vs. lefties.

Look what Polonco did in Philly last year once he got away from Lloyd.

From what I understand, Grandy refused to listen to the coaches here and in NY until he hit rock bottom.

I won't dispute this, but do you have a link to an article, I'd like to read it if that's the case.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
tycobb420 said:
From what I understand, Grandy refused to listen to the coaches here and in NY until he hit rock bottom.

never heard that before, highly possible, remember the lefty hitter jeff larish who stood like a statue at the plate before swinging, he only listened to his father, didn't even take advice from Kaline.

I heard it on a broadcast. Don't remember exactly who said it.

MI_Thumb said:
tycobb420 said:

I won't dispute this, but do you have a link to an article, I'd like to read it if that's the case.

Heard it on a Yankee broadcast.

At least Knapp got Verlander's delivery consistent...name one player that Lloyd has helped. I remember last year when he "figured out" an adjustment for Laird in spring training then he wound up going right back to sub-mendoza batting.

Santiago or Guillen start today at second and it's a 2-1 game.

Max blanking the O's since the second inning.

BA means little to nothing.

we're 6th in baseball in OPS and 5th in wOBA (which is pretty good), but our offense seemingly always either feast or famine, and aside from boesch fixing his swing from last year to this, i NEVER see our hitters make adjustments. not over the course of a season, not game-to-game, not even during a game to adjust to how we're being pitched. whether lloyd is a moron and his plans arent working or the players arent listening to him, a change needs to happen.

cmlfactor said:
At least Knapp got Verlander's delivery consistent...name one player that Lloyd has helped. I remember last year when he "figured out" an adjustment for Laird in spring training then he wound up going right back to sub-mendoza batting.

Actually I think Knapp was a good coach, was a dumb move to fire him.

tigers99888 said:
I have to say Scherzer actually had a decent start except for one inning..

Yep. Thanks for nothing, Rugburn. That error added on three runs and probably about 20 extra pitches. Then it's 2-1 and we're a longball away from tying it and Max has a chance to go 8. I hate every cell of Raburn's guts...

Only person I could think of joke Lloyd even remotely helping is Peralta, and he's already had a track record of hitting well.. He was upset that last year in Cleveland due to losing his spot to Cabrera at SS and wanting out..

MI_Thumb said:
cmlfactor said:

Actually I think Knapp was a good coach, was a dumb move to fire him.
+1.. I also exalted you for wanting Lloyd gone.. It's about time people see he's a below average hitting coach.. Only Greg Walker of Chicago is possibly worse..

Back