Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

Whoever comes out will be thrown into a huge pressure situation. The thing is he probably knows he will be coming in and will have plenty of time to think about it.

tigerfan2272 said:
You cant keep blaming the umpire for futility.... Truly pathetic clutch hitting and something I have seen all year (Not moving runners over/getting them in with less than 2 outs)

when there is a clear difference on pitches to each pitcher where wilson is getting an extra 3 inches on both corners and the strike zone is 3 inches smaller for JV I do blame the ump, I blame the Tigers for not doing better with risp and some poor swings, but that also might be attributed to swinging at borderline pitches due to the ump's calls against them.

I am not saying the umpiring is not an issue but there is no reason ump or no ump we shouldn't have 5-6 runs already.

jdbaker1 said:
Whoever comes out will be thrown into a huge pressure situation. The thing is he probably knows he will be coming in and will have plenty of time to think about it.

this is a great point. like icing the kicker. maybe we get lucky and he walks avila on five pitches to start it off.

tigerfan2272 said:
You cant keep blaming the umpire for futility.... Truly pathetic clutch hitting and something I have seen all year (Not moving runners over/getting them in with less than 2 outs)

This is America, we blame whoever we want for whatever we want.

But this ump deserves to be beaten senseless.

Tigers players in the dugout should carry rosenthal into the clubhouse bathroom, tip him upside down and give him a swirly.

I haven't been here all night so if someone already pointed this out I apologize but how ironic is it that TX is in one of its worst droughts ever and the 1st game the Tigers show up it won't stop raining.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Tigers players in the dugout should carry rosenthal into the clubhouse bathroom, tip him upside down and give him a swirly.

+1

What an annoying little weasel Rosenthal is.

we have the best fans in Detroit, I hate people not being able to see it nationaly.... like on the espn boards....:(

I have thought to myself that too jd.... Hopefully we play the Brewers in the World Series just for the dome protection

jas5lf said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Tigers players in the dugout should carry rosenthal into the clubhouse bathroom, tip him upside down and give him a swirly.

+1

What an annoying little weasel Rosenthal is.

Bill Simmons is a bigger weasel

I loved reading Bill Simmons espn magazine columns.... Then I heard him speak on tv and I hated him.

jdbaker1 said:
I haven't been here all night so if someone already pointed this out I apologize but how ironic is it that TX is in one of its worst droughts ever and the 1st game the Tigers show up it won't stop raining.

Rain following the Tigers, and it reminds me of this guy I worked with, every year he would take the family on summer vacation and it would rain 2 out of every 3 days, or 5 days straight. Got to the point everyone waited to see which weeks he took and then we all took other weeks.

tigerfan2272 said:
Oh good Inge is retelling the amazing comeback story and inspirational to everyone....

He said something about girding out AB's also, like his first pitch ground out after a 41 min delay. LOL..

jdbaker1 said:

I'm really starting to think something... but i'm not going to say it unless we win it all.

Back