Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

I am pleased that the defense posted a goose-egg in the second half insofar as TDs.

Turned it to ABC just in time to see Burkhead go in to put Nebraska up a TD. Fuck Ohio State:)

miggytron said:
If this game gets suspended, there will be a game on Monday same time as the Lions.......huge dilemma.......FUCK.

it' in the 5th though unlike in NY when it was only the 2nd, if this gets suspended i'm thinking they will start early tomorrow, finish this one then roll into the next.

miggytron said:
If this game gets suspended, there will be a game on Monday same time as the Lions.......huge dilemma.......FUCK.

I know, I had been thinking how great it was that the games wouldn't conflict, now maybe they will, that sucks.

TigerMud said:
miggytron said:

it' in the 5th though unlike in NY when it was only the 2nd, if this gets suspended i'm thinking they will start early tomorrow, finish this one then roll into the next.

Either way, if it gets suspended how about being AA and having to go to sleep and think all night and tomorrow about the bases loaded ab.

miggytron said:
Tarp off............Verlander is walking to the bullpen..........hmmm

IMO it would be a mistake for him to be allowed to come back in tonight

DVR and total news blackout until I see the outcome is a likely possibility for me.

TigerMud said:
miggytron said:
Tarp off............Verlander is walking to the bullpen..........hmmm

Leyland is stubborn. No matter what A.J. or anyone says, JV wont pitch again till game 5, Leyland is not the type to change his mind.

So if Verlander says he's good to go tonight yet, might as well let him try, cause you're not saving him for anything but game 5.

The papers will not have the result. Deadline will pass before the game is completed.

MI_Thumb said:
TigerMud said:

Leyland is stubborn. No matter what A.J. or anyone says, JV wont pitch again till game 5, Leyland is not the type to change his mind.

So if Verlander says he's good to go tonight yet, might as well let him try, cause you're not saving him for anything but game 5.

True but he's not getting the close call with this UMP so I don't see much upside in that.

Back