Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

Now they are saying Porcello is doing long toss, and possibly Penny??

TigerMud said:
MI_Thumb said:
Leyland is stubborn. No matter what A.J. or anyone says, JV wont pitch again till game 5, Leyland is not the type to change his mind.

So if Verlander says he's good to go tonight yet, might as well let him try, cause you're not saving him for anything but game 5.

True but he's not getting the close call with this UMP so I don't see much upside in that.

Not blowing Porcello for game 4 or having to see Penny in this one is all the upside I need.
tongue.png

MI_Thumb said:
Anyone have a link to the radar picture over Texas?

Mi_Thumb it was back on the 1st or 2nd page iirc.
they just showed a huge rain mass on the texas radar on the weather here.

Porcello is warming in the BP and expected to come into the game in the 5th.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
jdbaker1 said:
I haven't been here all night so if someone already pointed this out I apologize but how ironic is it that TX is in one of its worst droughts ever and the 1st game the Tigers show up it won't stop raining.

Rain following the Tigers, and it reminds me of this guy I worked with, every year he would take the family on summer vacation and it would rain 2 out of every 3 days, or 5 days straight. Got to the point everyone waited to see which weeks he took and then we all took other weeks.

lol to funny KC. Some of us walk around with a black cloud over our heads

pr0tege said:
Porcello is warming in the BP and expected to come into the game in the 5th.

I'm too puzzled to even complain or be pissed.

Gonzalez for Rangers, Porcello for Tigers when we resume. Goal is 10:45 texas time? another 15 minutes.

stonecold2136 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

Rain following the Tigers, and it reminds me of this guy I worked with, every year he would take the family on summer vacation and it would rain 2 out of every 3 days, or 5 days straight. Got to the point everyone waited to see which weeks he took and then we all took other weeks.

lol to funny KC. Some of us walk around with a black cloud over our heads

yeah Abe, like the guy in Li'l Abner comics,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li%27l_Abner#Cast_of_characters
Joe Btfsplk

MI_Thumb said:
TigerMud said:
True but he's not getting the close call with this UMP so I don't see much upside in that.

Not blowing Porcello for game 4 or having to see Penny in this one is all the upside I need.
tongue.png

Hey ya never know Penny could surprise us, have some faith. LOL

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Gonzalez for Rangers, Porcello for Tigers when we resume. Goal is 10:45 texas time? another 15 minutes.

I like that match up what u think KC

mikem2780 said:
sggatecl said:
I'm too puzzled to even complain or be pissed.

I'm not sure what you'd like to see at this point.

That's my point. I don't know what I'd do. Ergo...I'm not bitching or praising Leyland. This is why he's a manager and I'm a fan.

stonecold2136 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Gonzalez for Rangers, Porcello for Tigers when we resume. Goal is 10:45 texas time? another 15 minutes.

I like that match up what u think KC

now they need another starter for game 4? Verlander? or ugh Penny?

Back