Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

smitdog67 said:
We need to play Vmart at catcher, Avila is destroying our offense right now. We won't get past the Rangers if we continue to blow every chance we get

I'm not sure that's the answer against the Rangers. Kinsler, Andrus, and probably a couple other guys would run wild on Vmart

pr0tege said:
Alex needs to make him throw a strike in that situation. No reason to swing at ball 2 like that when the guy is known for not having the greatest control.

you think he was looking for a pitch in instead of trying to make contact with one away.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="Danny Diggler":k7fkn6f0]I'm not a huge baseball fan but with the bases loaded it would seem that this is unfortunate with the bases load for the Tigres?

It is now with Avila grounding out, not hitting with risp on second or third,[/quote:k7fkn6f0]

Like I said, I'm more of a baseball noob but if momentum is as big as it is in football, the rain fucked them bad.

Yeah that pitch was WAY in and up and instead of looking at ball 2 he swings away against someone with sketchy control at best. No reason to swing there.

mikem2780 said:
smitdog67 said:
We need to play Vmart at catcher, Avila is destroying our offense right now. We won't get past the Rangers if we continue to blow every chance we get

I'm not sure that's the answer against the Rangers. Kinsler, Andrus, and probably a couple other guys would run wild on Vmart

Then put Inge back there, we cannot keep giving away AB's, especially when they kill big innings. We somehow escaped NY without having it hurt us too much but it will come back to bite us if we don't get it fixed quickly.

Porcello looks nice and calm out there, that's how the bats need to be also.

nice job by rick

LMFAO at buck referencing porcello as a hard throwing right hander. what an ignoramus

Porcello 5th inning, Kelly in RF,

andrus strike call, shows bunt fastball strike call, grounder to Porcello throws to Cabrera,

hamilton first pitch grounder to Inge,

young slider strike call on the corner, in the dirt, ground foul near first, fastball fouled back, again, 50 foot pitch, grounder to Peralta,

That was encouraging,

but the Tigers have left 7 runners on base and are 1 for 7 with risp,

3 - 2.

You see how the yankees grind out at bats and then you see us flailing away at bats in crucial spots and it's a wonder we have even made it this far.

How are you fuckers doing? I've been kinda focused on college football with the Michigan game, and Ohio* v Nebraska, and the rain delay and that shit...

So how are you fuckers doing tonight?

tigerfan2272 said:
You see how the yankees grind out at bats and then you see us flailing away at bats in crucial spots and it's a wonder we have even made it this far.
this. this so much.

Back