Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

I'm not a huge baseball fan but with the bases loaded it would seem that this is unfortunate with the bases load for the Tigres?

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
stonecold2136 said:
I like that match up what u think KC

now they need another starter for game 4? Verlander? or ugh Penny?

I don't know if they are or can think that far ahead. Maybe Porcello gets through the 5th on 10 or less pitches.

Tigers 5th inning,

Santiago lines a double down left,

Inge is up and the game is in delay, game resumes, grounds out to scowl face,

Porcello goes out to warmup,

Jackson takes outside, again, cutter strike call, fouled back, takes a curve on the corner lined to the rightfield wall for a double Santiago scores,

3 - 1,

Raburn pick off to second Jackson back safe, cutter outside, cutter high, wilson taking alot of time between pitches, and now wilson is squeezed good, fastball low for a walk his first 2 walk game since Sept. 2010,

pitching coach out to talk, f'n ogando warming up,

Cabrera cutter in the dirt, again, fastball low, fastball inside corner strike call, fastball inside for a walk bases loaded again,

Martinez fastball inside and the m'fker calls a strike, swings and misses a fastball, way inside and a wild pitch Jackson scores and runners move up, high fastball fouled off trying for a fly ball, f'n grounder back to pitcher, SHIT,

3 - 2,

Maggs gets an intentional walk to load the bases again,

ffwilson up to around 95 pitches,

and it's pouring again, and welke calls another rain delay,

play resumes 11:45 here, 10:45 there,

Kelly is pinch running for Maggs and will go to right field,

Avila takes a slider low, grounder to second,

M'fer,

3 - 2.

We need to play Vmart at catcher, Avila is destroying our offense right now. We won't get past the Rangers if we continue to blow every chance we get

Alex needs to make him throw a strike in that situation. No reason to swing at ball 2 like that when the guy is known for not having the greatest control.

That was ball two, but he chased it and unfortunately made contact and chopped it out easily.

Avila is absolutely laying an egg in the playoffs.

He would have been better off standing up there with his eyes closed and the bat on his shoulder. FUCK!

Bases loaded, new pitcher, 1-0 count and he swings at that slop?

Ok I didn't see either of the two runs score....the SECOND I turn on the TV Avila grounds out...maybe I shouldn't watch...

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]I'm not a huge baseball fan but with the bases loaded it would seem that this is unfortunate with the bases load for the Tigres?

It is now with Avila grounding out, not hitting with risp on second or third,

mikem2780 said:
Man Avila is ice cold right now. Looking like the 2010 version

He's probably not relaxed and beat up someone needs to shake him and tell him to relax and have fun!

Hey guys can you give me a recap. Really tired after work and everything right now...

What is going on in the game and what are we looking at

Back