Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 3 Thread Oct. 11

tigers99888 said:
Austin Jackson reminds me of Willie Mays Hays.. It's well known he should hit for singles and keep the ball on the ground, but he goes for the flyballs and Ks like a free swinger.. You can see him lifting his leg for power when he swings.. It's quite comical and even moreso that Lloyd McCrackhead hasn't done jack shit to him help out..

He may run like Hayes but he hits like shit

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]I hope DD is watching and realizes this team needs a 'real' leadoff hitter that can work the count take walks, steal some bases and hit .300
Like Reyes?
Give that man a 300 million dollar contract for 15 years IMO.. Atleast..

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]wolf squeezing Fister on the cruz at bat. pitches 2 and 4.

It doesn't seem like he's giving the low strike but he is calling the high one.

These are the biggest bullshit hits I've ever seen. I guess that's what happens when you actually make contact and don't just K on 3 or 4 pitches every AB

tigers99888 said:
Austin Jackson reminds me of Willie Mays Hays.. It's well known he should hit for singles and keep the ball on the ground, but he goes for the flyballs and Ks like a free swinger.. You can see him lifting his leg for power when he swings.. It's quite comical and even moreso that Lloyd McCrackhead hasn't done jack shit to him help out..

McCrackhead lol, and Autistic Jackson, you're on a roll tigers99888

Someone call Gerald Laird to bat leadoff.. He probably would actually have a higher OBP than Jackshit..

jas5lf said:
McCarver was actually right and picked up on something many here have complained about all season. The 0-2 pitch in the first by Fister was too good of a pitch is the point he was making. He said pitchers get frustrated and instead of wasting a pitch on 0-2, they throw a hittable pitch right across the plate.

He said that after Hamilton's pitch.

And he was dead fucking wrong.

Throwing a cutter in on the hands that the hitter makes weak ass contact on his undoubtedly better than throwing a curve ball that bounces in the dirt.

If Peralta was 2 feet back it would have been a weak ass fliner to the SS, which is a perfect result.

And had Peralta caught it, McCarver wouldn't have said shit.

But of course, he's too stupid to look at the process and instead goes solely by the result.

A scoreless top of the 2nd!!

Huzzah!

Too bad that is becoming all too likely what the Tigers' batters will follow up with as well in the bottom of this inning.

smitdog67 said:
tigers99888 said:

He may run like Hayes but he hits like shit
A massive understatement.. I'm starting to think he should have just played basketball for G-Tech when he committed... Maybe he could have been like Charlie "overrated" Ward..

We can't wait too long to get some runs. If we do the Tigers will go into their traditional 4-9 inning slumps.

mjsb2 said:
8 LOB in 2 games.

Step it the fuck up V-Mart.

If it makes you feel any better I doubt we'll get many baserunners tonight so we probably won't strand that many. Nice silver lining there I suppose.

A walk.. Awesome hopefully he gets home.... I was ready to call V-Mart K-Mart if he whiffed..

FU mccarver, I would smear pine tar all over your F'n face if I had the chance.

I bet Joe Buck has freezers full of dead hookers in his basement, he seems like the type

smitdog67 said:
I bet Joe Buck has freezers full of dead hookers in his basement, he seems like the type
He's probably more like John Wayne Gacy and has little boys in his crawl space..

VMart gets on BB

Cmon do something freaking, Don!!

not a freaking out!!

Back