Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 5 Thread Oct. 13

I don't feel like going through 24 pages, but someone please tell me some of the guys who were all over Leyland earlier crying about him playing DY at least manned up and admitted they were wrong.

Couple of people seem to think they are always right when it comes to contradicting Leyland, but without Young, Texas is drinking Champange right now.

Turok said:
IBB cruzz EVERY AB from now on, except with no one on and a good lead, or bases loaded tie in the bottom 9th.

And we might as well consider walking him then, too. Just so it hurts less.

Wow. I think I willed Napoli to hit that ground ball to Santiago. Lesson learned; do not pitch inside to Nelson Cruz, unless you plan on hitting him in the chest.

Hope evryone is happy!!!!...I know I am...Let's get two more!!!..and then four more!!!..

No celebration for Texas on our field now maybe we can celebrate on theirs.

I am drained....My cats are drained from me grabbing them.. Man nice gut check win..

Yeah. He's been a beast. I'd like to see Scherzer throw inside a couple times. Make him dive.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Did you see Cruz Dis Verlander's 100MPH pitch?

yeah, that was bush, f'n arrogant too.
iirc that's 2 players Verlander will get next year, f'n cruz, and the wall eye putz aybar on the angels in that crazy Tigers - angels game with bipolar weaver when aybar gave JV a poke in the side running down third to home.

Cruz flashed "100" with his hands at Verlander from the Rangers' dugout after he homered in the 8th inning.

I'm sure that Leyland was very happy that the rump-rangers weren't the very first postseason team that would have celebrated a series win vs the Tigers in CoPa, had they won today, with him as manager or not. I know that there have been some teams since the turn of the century when CoPa first opened, that have clinched division titles and perhaps WCs as well, wonder how many have so far? I know that both of the Tigers' WC and division clinchers were on the road (@ KC & Oakland), and two of their three series wins were @ CoPa since it first opened, vs the Yankees and A's in '06.

MI_Thumb said:
I don't feel like going through 24 pages, but someone please tell me some of the guys who were all over Leyland earlier crying about him playing DY at least manned up and admitted they were wrong.

Couple of people seem to think they are always right when it comes to contradicting Leyland, but without Young, Texas is drinking Champange right now.

Haha, I was complaining last night (not on here) and said to my buddy today, "Man, I hope that DY proves me wrong today." and he did just that. He also seemed to be able to throw a little better maybe. He looked bad out there yesterday, but definitely made me eat crow tonight. I enjoyed that crow so hard! :)

Never complain about the good payers. DY has been huge. I'd want him in with a broken arm.

If this is a sign that the offense is finally ignited, this could be a new series!!! They can certainly hit in Texas if they keep this up!!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Never complain about the good payers. DY has been huge. I'd want him in with a broken arm.

He has had a couple huge hits today, but he did look really bad in game 4, and knowing that he has some sort of oblique injury caused some people, including me, to think that his performance was going to be similar this game. He definitely came through, and I am happy about that, but game 4 he looked really bad, and it isn't like he has stellar defense to at least back him up which is why I think many of us were frustrated with him. :) Cheers to his hitting tonight though! Keep the hope alive!

Back