Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 5 Thread Oct. 13

Seems like they have a lot more 2 out rbis than we do this series. Looks like we may get the pleasure of seeing Brad Penny soon, this isn't the 9 inning performance from JV we needed.

Yeah I agree that would of probably put the nail in the coffin there. This game is for sure a game of inches.

<3 400 ft fly out
laugh.png

Not looking good though with JV at 96 pitches through 5 and a depleted bullpen. Leyland said before the game Verlander would be good for around 125 this game so unless he can get a couple quick innings he will be lucky to see the 8th.

Don't know if it has been mentioned already, I stepped out for a while, but could Fister pitch? I think it might be his day to throw between starts.

jdbaker1 said:
Don't know if it has been mentioned already, I stepped out for a while, but could Fister pitch? I think it might be his day to throw between starts.

No for sure you would want to save Fister for game 7 if needed. More then likely were looking at maybe Brad Penny if Verlander has issues next inning.

Push comes to serve I would not put it past Leyland to let Benoit pitch an inning IF we have the lead. I don't see that happening in a tie game though.

austin jackson is fucking horrible.

fucking horrible

Offseason priority number one should be finding an ACTUAL leadoff hitter...

Seriously Austin that is K number 17 in the post season... Beyond frustrating how we don't go after a lead-off hitter...

Back