Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game Thread 2 Oct 10

The offense was a no show. Our pen with the exception of Perry did real well. Well gotta make some noise when they come back to the D. Even though it is 0-2 I still believe we are not out of this.

Jackson in every aspect of his game, including baserunning ... FAIL.

tigersofjustice said:
Anyone besides Ryan Raburn going to show up for the next game on offense?

Don Kelly.. is handling the pressure well, everybody else blowing chunks all over the field.

They definitely have to do something with Jackson. He has been useless leading off. His speed and defense can only save him for so long.

I don't know if I can waste any more time watching this shit show. It is just so painful to watch us fail with men on base time after time. Miggy and VMart better wake up soon.

I was happy to see Avila connect with a ball tonight. Granted it was caught, but better than what we saw with him the previous 22 ABs.

And I'm not even a Lions fan, so i don't even have any chance of redemption tonight. In fact, I'm a Dolphins fan, and so really the only season I have left is this baseball season since basketball doesn't seem to be coming around anytime soon.

And this means that I will be leaving the TV off all day tomorrow because I can't handle seeing anything on ESPN...Meh

masterscorpio77 said:
They definitely have to do something with Jackson. He has been useless leading off. His speed and defense can only save him for so long.

His subpar defense

I'm way more mad at Jackson than I am at Perry. He's got what, 100 strikeouts in the playoffs now?

drivergreg said:
I'm way more mad at Jackson than I am at Perry. He's got what, 100 strikeouts in the playoffs now?

would be more than willing to see him included in a trade for a 2nd basemen

TigerMud said:
drivergreg said:

would be more than willing to see him included in a trade for a 2nd basemen

A AA second basemen.

tongue.png

Andy Dirks is a horrible waste of roster space.

Blew that play twice, the first time by not pulling up and letting Jackson catch it, and the second time for letting it hit his glove and not stick.

Can't hit, Can't play defense.

MI_Thumb said:

Blew that play twice, the first time by not pulling up and letting Jackson catch it, and the second time for letting it hit his glove and not stick.

Rather have Clete?

justinrose74 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Rather have Clete?

Might get him anyhow, Delmon cant throw...whats he going to do on a deep ball in CoPa?

Kick it to Jackson?

I'm frustrated because while Perry is to blame for the HR, 2 of those baserunners should have been outs.

Young should have been an out except they had Kelly protecting the baseline.

Napoli's fly ball should have been caught.

Then maybe we could have walked Cruz, with only Beltre on 1st, only having to deal with Murphy.

but...shit.

THe offense chokes again. THe pitching held great for 9 innings and a mediocre stat + slightly above average relief is enough to lock down the lineup for the kittens.. This offense=defense from 2006.. If the tigers lose this postseason it will be because of the lineup..

Tigers can only meow and hiss so far in the ALCS, no roar no moar.

Tiger_La_la_la_la_by_Leo_Leonardo_III.gif

justinrose74 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Rather have Clete?

There aren't any other options. If anyone else was in RF they wouldn't have even been able to attempt that play.

Back