Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game Thread 2 Oct 10

the only move jimmy made that was horrible was pulling inge for dirks.

Not sure how the cold bat was going to be an upgrade...and defensively it made the tigers worse.

mgoblue0303 said:
Kelly has been raking so far in the playoffs....fuck it, lead him off smokes!

Kelly, Santiago, or even Raburn could lead off. Any combination of these two should be batting 1 and 2.

Probably any other manager would make a change at lead off. Unfortunately, we the 1 manager that won't do it.

jimmygank said:
the only move jimmy made that was horrible was pulling inge for dirks.

Not sure how the cold bat was going to be an upgrade...and defensively it made the tigers worse.

And only letting Coke face 2 batters, while he puts in Perry later.

And keeping Jackson batting lead off.

MSUspartan said:
justinrose74 said:
Rather have Clete?

There aren't any other options. If anyone else was in RF they wouldn't have even been able to attempt that play.

I don't follow you.

You mean the ball that Jackson beat him too?

If the dumbass would have pulled up (like he should have CF is the fucking BOSS in the OF) Jackson makes that catch.

And Don Kelly is just as fast as Dirks.

BTW, similar play early on where Santiago collided with Peralta on a popout, Ramon has to know you give way to the SS when he calls for it. ALWAYS.

MI_Thumb said:
MSUspartan said:
There aren't any other options. If anyone else was in RF they wouldn't have even been able to attempt that play.

I don't follow you.

You mean the ball that Jackson beat him too?

If the dumbass would have pulled up (like he should have CF is the fucking BOSS in the OF) Jackson makes that catch.

And Don Kelly is just as fast as Dirks.

BTW, similar play early on where Santiago collided with Peralta on a popout, Ramon has to know you give way to the SS when he calls for it. ALWAYS.

I hear you, but it still hard to say Jackson would have made the catch. I wonder if Jackson called him off. I didn't see.

Jackson totally screwed the pooch on that ball that Dirks had to go after late. Jackson bailed on that ball.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Jackson totally screwed the pooch on that ball that Dirks had to go after late. Jackson bailed on that ball.

Looked to me like he pulled up because Dirks was cutting in front of him, if he keeps going at the pace he was he makes that catch easily.

MI_Thumb said:

Looked to me like he pulled up because Dirks was cutting in front of him, if he keeps going at the pace he was he makes that catch easily.

Like you said the CF is the boss of the OF and should always pass on the inside whenever possible. Jackson clutched on that one. He pulled up early and Dirks couldn't get there.

Tigers lose ugly, Lions losing again in the first half too...fuck!!

What a shitty night, so pissed.

Turok said:
Tigers lose ugly, Lions losing again in the first half too...fuck!!

What a shitty night, so pissed.

Lions are all second half. To them the game hasn't even started yet.

MI_Thumb said:

Like you said the CF is the boss of the OF and should always pass on the inside whenever possible. Jackson clutched on that one. He pulled up early and Dirks couldn't get there.

Are you just basing on Ajax?

Looked to me like he HAD to pull up or else run right into Dirks who was heads up tracking the ball, he clutched because of Dirks.

Also, I don't understand how you say Dirks could not get there, yet the ball hit his glove squarely.

I'm going to go finish my book on Custer. Prolly has a better ending than tonight's game.

MI_Thumb said:

Are you just basing on Ajax?

Looked to me like he HAD to pull up or else run right into Dirks who was heads up tracking the ball, he clutched because of Dirks.

Also, I don't understand how you say Dirks could not get there, yet the ball hit his glove squarely.

Yeah, I'm bagging on Jackson who abdicated his responsibility of getting to any and every ball he can. That's what a CF does. If he sprints to the spot and is calling off Dirks immediately, he makes that play. Dirks, IMO, tried to dash in late to fill the hole Jackson left. That's my opinion, having seen the play once only. Looking for another opportunity to view it.

Back