Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox Game Thread April 5

Man, I hate that we have to wait until Saturday for the next game.

Can't wait to head back to the eastside in May so I can go to some games.

Glad the Tigers won but come on my fantasy pitcher is Verlander. Typical Bob luck.... I get a no decision....LOL

good win. Great job by JV. I do hate how baseball awards the win though. The wrong JV gets the win today!

yeah, blown save, and gets the vulture win ala phil regan.
so he gets it out of the way,
Seems like Valverde has had his problems pitching to the sox, idk... made some good pitches, but they kept fouling them off.

Bottom line is the Tigers win.

I've never played fantasy baseball...do you only get points for a win or do you get them for innings, era, K, etc?

No, you get them for all those categories as well but just a bummer you don't get a win when someone pitches so well. So glass half empty I suppose :D

No, you get them for all those categories as well but just a bummer you don't get a win when someone pitches so well. So glass half empty I suppose :D

I got glass half full, and half empty, since I have both Verlander and Valverde.

Got a win, but also got a horrible ERA, but 8K's..

Notice Miguel wasn't taken out in the 9th for a defensive replacement. That's good.

I loved what Peter Gammon said today: "Glad I'm not the (Tigers) manager, because there is no way I'm taking Verlander out after he cut up the Red Sox for 8 innings on a little over 100 pitches."

Yeah, I fairness, Gammon also said "I'm glad I'm not the manager..." meaning he wouldn't want the pressure JL has. My take would be to launch JV out again in the 9th & bring in Papa Grande or even Benoit or a LHP if there's trouble.

Yeah, I fairness, Gammon also said "I'm glad I'm not the manager..." meaning he wouldn't want the pressure JL has. My take would be to launch JV out again in the 9th & bring in Papa Grande or even Benoit or a LHP if there's trouble.

If it wasn't opening day he'd be out there, no questions.

I had no problem with Leyland using Valverde, you have a closer for a reason. Verlander could have gave up a couple of runs in the 9th (not likely I know) and ruined his great day. By sitting him you lock I. His great start with a 95% chance for a win.

Also, this team is going to run away with the division..there is no need to push Verlander on the first game of the year. If this was August and they are in ad tight race for the division then yea I'd prob put him back out there, but I had no problem with Leylands decision today.

BTW, I couldn't watch the game since I was at work, but according to the game cast the home plate Ump sucked balls, He was calling perfectly thrown pitches as balls - there were pitches right down the middle being called balls, it seemed like he had a terrible strike zone. Was that the case or was the gamecast showing wrong pitch placement?

BTW, I couldn't watch the game since I was at work, but according to the game cast the home plate Ump sucked balls, He was calling perfectly thrown pitches as balls - there were pitches right down the middle being called balls, it seemed like he had a terrible strike zone. Was that the case or was the gamecast showing wrong pitch placement?

He was a bit inconsistent. Especially against Avila.

Back