Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread September 1

MI_Thumb said:
No, they promised him they would bring him back if he accepted assignment.

From the day he was DFA'd their was never any question he would be on a Tigers roster again.

That's called leaving the door open.

It was announced that Inge would be back up on August 10th, or three weeks after he was in Toledo. If he was batting .190 in Toledo, he would be finishing out the Mud Hens season this week

And Inge is being used as nothing more than a platoon player now. What makes people think his role would get any bigger next year? If your 3B situation is a platoon between Wilson Betemit and Brandon Inge, you have a problem.

I think Inge will be in Spring Training next year, but I won't be surprised if he is released near the end.

ihatebadenglish said:
MI_Thumb said:

From the day he was DFA'd their was never any question he would be on a Tigers roster again.

It was announced that Inge would be back up on August 10th, or three weeks after he was in Toledo. If he was batting .190 in Toledo, he would be finishing out the Mud Hens season this week

And Inge is being used as nothing more than a platoon player now. What makes people think his role would get any bigger next year? If your 3B situation is a platoon between Wilson Betemit and Brandon Inge, you have a problem.

I think Inge will be in Spring Training next year, but I won't be surprised if he is released near the end.

We can only hope they release Inge next year...

ihatebadenglish said:
MI_Thumb said:

Guess we'll have to settle this disagreement on April 1st, 2012.

Quick, someone, name one MLBer who plays as much as inge who is worse than him. Go ahead, I dare you.

jdbaker1 said:
Quick, someone, name one MLBer who plays as much as inge who is worse than him. Go ahead, I dare you.

Adam Dunn

Chone Figgins

Sucking is not a very exclusive club.

I hate this "Nasty Factor" on MLB Gameday. I wish they'd go back to just showing the inches of break and pfx. Half the time the "nasty" pitches are on balls.

Not a good sign if you walk someone like Brandon Inge. It's worse than walking the pitcher in the NL.

That was probably an intentional unintentional walk, they pitch him kind of like they used to pitch to Bonds.

Tigers 4th inning,

Peralta with another first pitch swing pops to first,

Raburn takes inside, changeup outside, fastball strike call, fastball fouled back, curve fly to left,

Inge fastball high, another high, pitching coach out again, fastball low, inside and Cringe walks,

Jackson takes outside, and now Cringe is picked off first and tagged out in a rundown, what a shythook,

royals pitcher with 76 pitches,

Tigers lead 3 - 2 after 4 innings.

cmlfactor said:
I hate this "Nasty Factor" on MLB Gameday. I wish they'd go back to just showing the inches of break and pfx. Half the time the "nasty" pitches are on balls.

Click the Gameday button op the upper right, rather then the classic, and you get the old style.

Back