Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 15

dpinsea said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

Jim Leyland is a idiot... if Santiago is playing the tiger are winning right now and not tied... That hitting part is a fallacy.. There is not much production in those hit's he is talking about in my opinion... He is a curse in the field..

Santiago .237 .291 .329
Raburn .232 .267 .386

As I'm typing raburn fucks up a double play.... those differences do not warrant him ever being in the field.

edit: My point was that like you said the hitting part is a fallacy and there is no reason for Raburn to be in the field. Just got angry after watching him f up that dp.

Raburn is beyond awful at 2nd. We're up 3-0 or 3-1 if Santiago was playing. It's really got to hurt a young pitchers psyche and rhythm when the guy at 2nd is botching things so badly.

[quote="biggunsbob":m5untaqf]
[quote="KalineCountry":m5untaqf]This what Leyland said about Raburn's defense:

Tigers manager Jim Leyland on Raburn's defense at 2B earlier today, "That

The local radio guy called it (and he's an idiot) DD is giving Leyland the pieces, who Leyland plays is anyone's guess. It seems like we all know what the best lineup is, but Leyland thinks he's going to somehow get different results from the same few players 75% of the way through the schedule.

Porcello 4th inning,

thome singles,

valencia grounds to Betemit throw to second for the force,

tolbert grounder to right for a single,

nishioka called out on strikes,

revere 3 and 1 grounds to Cabrera,

Porcello with 57 pitches,

tie game.

If Porcello does not punch Raburn in the dugout this inning, he just does not give a shit.

Yeah, I try not to complain very often, but Raburn is just so brutal in the infield....Outfield is at least manageable. We really can't keep starting him in the infield when we have a ground ball pitcher on the mound. I would like to think that Leyland is embarrassed for putting him out there, but I know there isn't a chance of that. Santiago has to be so frustrated sitting there watching this trash happen.

First pitch pop up, he just doesn't have it anymore man, sit him down smokes we got a div to win!

Tigers 4th inning,

Maggs pops to 2nd shallow left,

Avila fly to deep center and this time revere can't get it double,

Betemit strike call, way inside at his feet, strike call on the corner, slider low, swings and misses a low slider,

Jackson takes inside, swings and misses a fastball, high fastball fouled back, low in the dirt blocked, fly to left,

looniano with 70 pitches,

tie game.

Tigers trivia question longest hit streak by right handed batter since joe DiMaggio?

I say molitor?

This is a bizarre loyalty that Leyland has towards certain players(Inge, Maggs, Raburn). Magglio is the only player who as earned a long leash, but even that should be at it's end a while ago. Then other players never get a real chance.

Back