Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 17

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tomdalton22 said:
I would rather be too agressive when sending a runner home.

No doubt.

I like aggressive as well but too many times we hold the runner at 3rd when it appears that he could make it, or at least be close. Then there are times like this, where Boesch was out by a mile and that was after the throw went to 2nd, and there was a pause before throwing home......ridiculous. Plus, as Bob said, it's not like Inge was on-deck. Lamont is horrible but we've been singing that song for a while now.

bdtay71 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

No doubt.

I like aggressive as well but too many times we hold the runner at 3rd when it appears that he could make it, or at least be close. Then there are times like this, where Boesch was out by a mile and that was after the throw went to 2nd, and there was a pause before throwing home......ridiculous. Plus, as Bob said, it's not like Inge was on-deck. Lamont is horrible but we've been singing that song for a while now.

Never said anything different just that I prefer agreessive over passive at 3B.

Meh, I left the room saying, "I sure hope we take Penny out, he has pitched well so far but lets not take our chances." Come back down 4-3 :( And yes a nice double by VMart!!!!

had to step out for a few minutes, but why in the hell was Thome not given an IBB? I am sure others have already asked but damn.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
justinrose74 said:
We have some dumb fuckers coaching this team

No doubt about that..

All managers make bad decisions. Heck Gardenhire just pitched to Miggy too. And after Thome hit 2 dingers on Monday he sat him the very next night.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
bdtay71 said:

Never said anything different just that I prefer agreessive over passive at 3B.

Yeah, didn't mean to come off as attacking you, although I did quote ya...just venting.

jdbaker1 said:
had to step out for a few minutes, but why in the hell was Thome not given an IBB? I am sure others have already asked but damn.

I guess Jimmy smokes Figured Jim was not due to get a hit verses the tigers in a key spot... he forgot about his 66 homers lifetime verses us...

Jimmy Smokes....At it again..

Back