Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 1 Oct. 13

Going to extra innings sucks, but this may be a blessing in disguise if it's serious

If we win it very well may be. You pitched pretty much everyone so a lot of those guys got rid of their nerves. Plus you punched them in the stomach emotionally after that comeback....and Jeter is probably done.

Jeter, the guy is a top notch class act and has Michigan ties, I can't ever dislike him

If we can pull this off, it's probably a blessing because Valverde is sure to lose the 9th inning job, and that means he won't cost us again.

if Yanks have to de-activate Jeter for this series, they'd also lose him for World Series.

might be either hyper extended knee or MCL.

So Dotel for the rest of the series? He probably has the most experience if nothing else, I doubt he'd crack as a closer.

Jeter, the guy is a top notch class act and has Michigan ties, I can't ever dislike him

Yeah even though he's a Yankee I've never been able to hate on him. He plays hard, is a good leader and makes big plays in big games.

I say we give Al Al a shot depending that is on how he closes this game tonight.

If we can pull this off, it's probably a blessing because Valverde is sure to lose the 9th inning job, and that means he won't cost us again.

Na just watch he will be out there next game if they have a 4 or less run lead.

If we win it very well may be. You pitched pretty much everyone so a lot of those guys got rid of their nerves. Plus you punched them in the stomach emotionally after that comeback....and Jeter is probably done.

Win or lose here, blessing in disguise or not, I still don't want to see Papa Fastball in a Tiger Uniform next year.

So Dotel for the rest of the series? He probably has the most experience if nothing else, I doubt he'd crack as a closer.

He's been a closer before, so he should adapt well, and would be the logical choice.

Back