Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 3 Oct. 16

Doc Gooden tweeted that Verlander's post season reminds him of Hershiser's 88 post season.

it's been very dominant.

guess we have to see what else is in store but if he wins two more.......wow.

would put him in elite company with Randy Johnson in 2001.

K=Rod had five wins with the angels in 2002 albeit in relief.

it's been very dominant.

guess we have to see what else is in store but if he wins two more.......wow.

would put him in elite company with Randy Johnson in 2001.

K=Rod had five wins with the angels in 2002 albeit in relief.

If Verlander continues to pitch like this, and the Tigers win it all, it'll be time for a Verlander=HOF thread. Only this thread won't need fabricated herculean posts, just actual Verlander stats and performances.

Phil Coke for President!

good job Coke hellva yellow hammer lowered on that pumpkin head.

They just said on the MLB network that that was JV's first ninth inning homer of his career...

Delmon: "I knew I hit it hard enough but we weren't in Yankee Stadium, so I had to wait another 30 feet for it to land."

Alex Avila called Phil Coke's slider to get Ibanez for the final out the best he's ever seen.

Delmon: "I knew I hit it hard enough but we weren't in Yankee Stadium, so I had to wait another 30 feet for it to land."

Alex Avila called Phil Coke's slider to get Ibanez for the final out the best he's ever seen.

Great quote and stick em to the Yankees, lol.

Delmon actually said that?

that's hilarious

Yes it is. You think about it and its funny as shit. 30 more feet :hehe:

In all of this, I've decided I'll take DY's shitty regular season in exchange for his playoff performance.

Tigers survived (another) big scare in 9th. Omar Infante badly jammed his right thumb on Teixeira 1B. X-rays negative.

Infante said he expects he'll be able to play Wednesday. Said he was really concerned he had broken the thumb.

great game. hopefully we can get more of the same from scherzer tomorrow and hopefully the offense wakes up some, especially because we're facing fatass.

Back