Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 4 Thread Oct. 4

I have a feeling this one could go 4+ hours tonight. I think both teams are going to get their runs. And I think Girardi is going to "unload the gun" if you will. We'll be seeing pitcher/hitting matchups galore...I expect to see anyone and everyone except for maybe tomorrow's starter coming out of the Yankee pen...wouldn't be surprised to see Rivera in the 8th if it's close or tied.

Just win baby....Time for all the whammy's to do the job of guiding the Tigers to a victory tonight... I am so jacked up I may not post much during the game.... Maybe some commercials... Going to the basement big screen tv and will be conjuring up all the luck and hits I can summon... :)

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Just win baby....Time for all the whammy's to do the job of guiding the Tigers to a victory tonight... I am so jacked up I may not post much during the game.... Maybe some commercials... Going to the basement big screen tv and will be conjuring up all the luck and hits I can summon... :)

Deja Vu...

Phillies looking like they may take a 2-1 lead. They are the only team that really scares me.

Not a bad lineup on paper, and I can see the logic to starting Kelly although I would have played Dirks..

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="biggunsbob":rrvhi9wv]Just win baby....Time for all the whammy's to do the job of guiding the Tigers to a victory tonight... I am so jacked up I may not post much during the game.... Maybe some commercials... Going to the basement big screen tv and will be conjuring up all the luck and hits I can summon... :)

Deja Vu...[/quote:rrvhi9wv]

Exactly... I am using the same bats in the same innings... LOL....

(As close as I can remember anyway.... Although the Rudy York, Trammell, and Kaline bat were the run producers last night...) LOL..

And it was a struggle as you can remember

I'm in the minority not only here, but it seems like across the nation. I think AJ Burnett pitches fairly well tonight. I'll say 6 IN 3ER 5H 3BB 7K. So for me, the key to tonight's game is Rick Porcello. He needs to throw strikes and pound the bottom if the zone. Hopefully lots of groundballs tonight.

tigers99888 said:
Not a bad lineup on paper, and I can see the logic to starting Kelly although I would have played Dirks..

I think Dirks maybe to young....

tigers99888 said:

IMO, Andy Dirks should never play in the post season unless in the last couple of innings as a PR/defensive replacement.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.blessyouboys.com/2011/10/4/2469656/jim-leyland-pre-game-audio
Podcast Leyland's Pregame audio presser.
BYBTB

1 more post for 5k.

Pre-grats.

i'm very nervous about this game, i can only imagine how porcello is feeling right now. i hope he throws a good game, you know the yankees are going to be aggressive to score runs with aj on the mound

xer0 said:
i'm very nervous about this game, i can only imagine how porcello is feeling right now. i hope he throws a good game, you know the yankees are going to be aggressive to score runs with aj on the mound

Yankees are a bash team, if Rick keeps the ball down, and Betemit does not blunder many, he should be ok.

If he can't keep the ball down, Ajax, Kelly, and DY are in for a long night.

Atleast we know Rick can pitch in big games. He performed well in '09 in game 163 against the Twins. plus hes two years the wiser....

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="KalineCountry":c91n6wrb]http://www.blessyouboys.com/2011/10/4/2469656/jim-leyland-pre-game-audio
Podcast Leyland's Pregame audio presser.
BYBTB

1 more post for 5k.

Pre-grats.[/quote:c91n6wrb]

I just saw that when you posted it. Thanks Mi_Thumb.
Hope the next 1000 posts will be about 9 more Tigers Wins in October.

Back