Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 4 Thread Oct. 4

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]It really sucks that the Tigers must being going into tomorrow's game carrying forward this 10-1 deficit...at least...one would think that were the case from the latest posts to this thread...

Ain't no game tomorrow, or the next day, for that matter.

If the Tigers are unable to defeat the NYY in 5 games, and it isn't looking good with all of the momentum now swung to the Yankees, with that terrible TEAM debacle of a performance, then I will root for and hope that the Rangers can do what the Tigers couldn't, I hate seeing that bought and overpaid for team of many mercenaries being in, much less advance in the postseason almost every single year, in a sport that permits relatively very few teams to play in the postseason.

I have thought ever since the end of last season, that the Tigers were short one solid #2-3 LH pitcher, one more very good long RP (Zoom shoulda been that man) and one each above average instead of having two each below average 2B/3B on BOTH off/def, short of having a WS winning team. Had Guillen/Ordonez both also not become old, oft-injured, and slow quickly, as well as Avila, and to a lesser degree, Cabrera doing a disappearing act at the plate, and Boesch becoming injured, we may have even taken the Yanks out in a sweep or at most four games with the Tigers doing the two blowouts instead of the Yankees.

DD may have said that the Tigers cannot afford more than two 15-20M per season players on the team. Well I hate to be the one to break the bad news to him, BUT it may just as well take three to win a World Series, having to win vs the Yankees, Phillies, or perhaps even the Red Sox IF they manage to fix their team along with constructing a vastly improved pitching staff for next season.

Turok said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]It really sucks that the Tigers must being going into tomorrow's game carrying forward this 10-1 deficit...at least...one would think that were the case from the latest posts to this thread...

Ha, ha...thought it was already today (Wednesday) in the Eastern Time Zone when I put up that post...was about a half hour early...

ESPN showing Game 5 Thursday - tomorrow - is that wrong?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
Turok said:

Ha, ha...thought it was already today (Wednesday) in the Eastern Time Zone when I put up that post...was about a half hour early...

ESPN showing Game 5 Thursday - tomorrow - is that wrong?

yeah, someone mentioned earlier upthread last night, that there were two days before the next game and I didn't bother to check, so we were both wrong.

Back