Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 4 Thread Oct. 4

mhughes0021 said:
xer0 said:
nice efficient inning for rick.

sinker hanging a bit high to be honest...he getting lucky theyre just missing it or its getting ripped right at people.

He gave up one hard hit ball.

mjsb2 said:
mhughes0021 said:
sinker hanging a bit high to be honest...he getting lucky theyre just missing it or its getting ripped right at people.

He gave up one hard hit ball.

But I do agree, his sinker is up in the zone so far and he needs to get it lower.

He seems to be throwing more strikes this inning.

Alex 0-10 in the series

Avila needs to wake up, we're going to need him if we plan on making some noise

mikem2780 said:
mhughes0021 said:
the hell is avila looking at?

He's just not looking comfortable or confident up there right now

That's why I always assume guys won't produce in the playoffs until they prove otherwise, Avila isn't inspiring much confidence in me right now. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Tigers 2nd inning,

Peralta fastball fouled back, strike call on/off the corner, knuckle curve grounded down third,

Avila takes a fastball strike, curve strike call, grounder back to pitcher,

Betemit fastball high strike call, fastball outside, fastball fouled off catchers mask, fastball swings and misses,

burnett with 30 pitches.

Ugly half inning there.

Top of the order up again, hopefully they can push some runs across next time.

That's why you have to cash in with the bases loaded. A good pitcher can settle in and that could be the best chance you get all night.

smitdog67 said:
mikem2780 said:
He's just not looking comfortable or confident up there right now

That's why I always assume guys won't produce in the playoffs until they prove otherwise, Avila isn't inspiring much confidence in me right now. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

I'd say a little pessimistic seeing as this is his 4th career playoff game. I think it's safe to assume his whole body of work is not in yet

what the hell? gameday shows that pitch was in the strike zone but it hit him?

Back