Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 4 Thread Oct. 4

Porcello is not inducing ground balls.. When he becomes a flyball pitcher, that means trouble.. The ball is not down..

Porcello 3rd inning,

posada turns away from a strike, fastball in and hbp,

martin sinker grounder past Peralta single,

gardner shows bunt fastball strike call, Porcell looks at second posada off the bag throws to second Peralta late with the tag, sinker bunted foul, 2 seam tails back inside corner ump says no, fastball fouled, 2 seam belt to letter high strike three and ffgardner is arguing with ump,

jeter fastball in, fly to deep center over Jackson and 2 runs score on a double, Shit,

this series is the only time I can remember flys getting over Jackson's head,

granderson grounder to Santiago throws to Cabrera, runner to third,

cano flys to deep center and Jackson has it,

Porcello with 36 pitches,

2 - 0.

Jackson was playing shallow right.

He got a good jump and took a good route, the ball was just to deep left.

mjsb2 said:
Jackson was playing shallow right.

He got a good jump and took a good route, the ball was just to deep left.

I don't think he got a good jump on it, I think it was hit harder than he expected and he totally misread it. If he's on his horse the whole time he makes that catch.

I hate to be the one to say it but it looks like AJ is settling in, not a good sign at all

mikem2780 said:
Burnett looks to be getting into a groove
i think getting the bullpen up behind him in the first mightve given him a kick in the pants. im really not feeling good about this game.

That's three times this series a ball is hit over Jackson's head.

Working radio, Orel Hershiser thought that Russell Martin might've missed third base as he rounded the bag ... but Tigers don't appeal.

Back