Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 5 Thread Oct. 6

Great Tigers game thread everyone. Hope we can get 8 more like this as Winning Tigers' game threads

Almost 1200 posts. Good stuff. I can't imagine Texas will make me as nervous. 8 more wins bubba's.

Max should be fine for game 2 and JV should be good to go on 3 days rest the rest of the way. I mean if he wants to be an ace he should lol!!!! F ricky....send him to the pen or if someone gets in trouble early.

Its amazing the second the Tigers won the game Twitter crashed and is still having issues.

mhughes0021 said:
Max should be fine for game 2 and JV should be good to go on 3 days rest the rest of the way. I mean if he wants to be an ace he should lol!!!! F ricky....send him to the pen or if someone gets in trouble early.

Yeah no way to be honest Leyland starts Verlander on 3 days rest. He is pretty adamant that he has never and will never pitch him on short rest.

Jim can do whatever he wants to.... Don Kelly batting second tonight.. Are you kidding me.. I know he was swing a good stick but wow.....

Don Kelly has been hitting a well and as much as I rag on Leyland and I'll give him props but it probably wasn't much of a insight. With a RHP, you had Inge, Betemit or Kelly as choices so it wasn't that difficult to choose. I'll give him the batting 2nd part though he's done that a lot in this season.

:)

Origami or whatever his name is, Texas starter was used in relief in their first series. I wonder if they use him as a starter against the Tigers because he's been good against us. Seems kind of a waste, eh.

I was also a Don Kelly batting 2nd naysayer, but it really worked out! Skip Leyland's hunches have been spot on for the last couple months, time for me to quit second guessing and just enjoy the ride for what it is! Go Tigers!!!

Slept for about 5 1/2 hours overnight, knew that if I woke up, I wouldn't go back to sleep, still wired a bit from last nights game, just loving the reactions from YanKees fans and haterz all over the country online, of course the bitter pill of losing to Detroit includes bashing our "fair" city, and its environs...heehee!!

;)
grin.png

But I am old enough to remember the good 'ol days, when the city had yet to become the now largely bombed out shell of its former self, when it still had some beauty left of once being the "Paris" of the Midwest, in '68, and standing on a crowded corner of one of the city's busy main drags, Gratiot, and waving at/watching people driving home from work after the Tigers won the World Series that October afternoon, honking their horns and waving at everyone, even the DSR busses filled with workers going home from downtown, had opened the windows, waving, cheering, crying, and shouting, I'll always cherish those memories of that once vibrant city, and still regret not bringing my father's camera to the street with me to snap some pics of it.

I was 3 in '68 and though I would be too young to remember most stuff, thats the first I had heard Paris of the Midwest when referring to Detroit. I do remember my dad always telling me stories of that day. He was in one of the office buildings throwing papers and confetti on to the street, everyone sticking their heads out screaming.

The great things baseball can bring.

:)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Origami or whatever his name is, Texas starter was used in relief in their first series. I wonder if they use him as a starter against the Tigers because he's been good against us. Seems kind of a waste, eh.

Doubtful.

He's thrown a lot more IP than he did last seaston, about 100 or so more iirc.

Plus, his ERA in the second half was over 4 as he started to tire.

Honestly, I hope that they do start him against us.

Hal Steinbrenner: "I congratulate ... the Tigers organization. Their team has given the city of Detroit something to be very proud of".

tigersofjustice said:
I cannot believe we survived that series the way the offense just laid down every game.

Hey, hey, hey! KC just posted the win and you are mad. Come on buddy, chill on the ill and enjoy the win. Then at least a couple of hours or so later start picking apart the Tigers who just took apart the Yanks. Your a great fan, with valid criticisms, but could the boyz at least get the champaign uncorked?

Back