Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 5 Thread Oct. 6

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":wdxh31n9]ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU YANKEES, FUCK YOU TBS, FUCK YOU ESPN, FUCK YOU EVERYONE WHO IS NOT A TIGERS FAN.

Plus 1. [/quote:wdxh31n9]
add me to that too

i watched this at my parents house (i dont have cable or anything), as soon as I get home im breaking out the Talisker. this feels like a scotch kind of night!

pr0tege said:
Scherzer would have to go on 2 days rest to pitch in game 2.

Not really, because he only threw a little today, and would have normally had his side session anyhow.

hahahaha, i officially love vmart even more! watching him celebrate is awesome! especially with his son!

Just saw celebrating and vmarts son, he's cute and a bit chubby. A little buttleball.

:)

The bar I was at was insane, I lost my voice and high fived so many people my hand will be bruised.

GO TIGERS!!!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Just saw celebrating and vmarts son, he's cute and a bit chubby. A little buttleball.

:)

I remember seeing a video of Vmart break down in tears when his little boy found out he was traded in '09.

His kid said "Why aren't we Indians anymore?".

Hope he's happy to be a Tiger.

With the schedule being Saturday (Game 1), Sunday (Game 2) off day on Monday and then Tuesday (Game 3) and Wednesday (Game 4) there is no way Leyland pitches Verlander in game 4 on 3 days rest I think we pretty much know that he won't change the way he feels about it.

Porcello would be on normal rest to start Game 2 and in his only start against Texas this year he went 6 innings (1ER) in Texas.

I'm thinking:

Verlander (Game 1) Normal Rest
Porcello (Game 2) Normal Rest
Scherzer (Game 3) He pitched tonight on 3 days rest so I bet Leyland gives him the few extra days.
Fister (Game 4) Normal Rest

pr0tege said:
With the schedule being Saturday (Game 1), Sunday (Game 2) off day on Monday and then Tuesday (Game 3) and Wednesday (Game 4) there is no way Leyland pitches Verlander in game 4 on 3 days rest I think we pretty much know that he won't change the way he feels about it.

Porcello would be on normal rest to start Game 2 and in his only start against Texas this year he went 6 innings (1ER) in Texas.

I'm thinking:

Verlander (Game 1) Normal Rest
Porcello (Game 2) Normal Rest
Scherzer (Game 3) He pitched tonight on 3 days rest so I bet Leyland gives him the few extra days.
Fister (Game 4)
I bet you are right. I agree that Leyland won't pitch Ver. on 3 days rest.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Lotta Props to Tigers on MLB Network

MLB network much better, I didn't realize at first that was Billy Ripken on there I kept flipping back and forth between MLB and TBS thinking wasn't that dude on the other station WTF is going on around here. Cal is on TBS Bill is on MLB and their both bald, Oh my that had me all f'ed up!~ LOL..

Wow great job guys!!!! I never moved from the basement and was texting monster the whole game... I used all my bats and whammy's up and even conjured up two new whammy's tonight... Now I use my two black cats with good success rubbing my Tigers bats on their backs this season... But tonight I changed it up late and rubbed either cat i could catch on the TV screen against the yankee batters... It worked baby... then they both ran away and Monster was texting me to use them again and I could not catch them... So then i used my new lions hat for four batters.... bam... then the cats came back for the ninth and those damn cats worked again..... but then all of you guys posting were fantastic....... On to Texas... Hell yeah...

Back